How do you make your eyeshadow color pop?

Joyness

So I've been looking at everyone's amazing FOTD's, and I just have to know how you all get your eye makeup to be so bold and true to color. I use a primer, but is it in the technique? I own alot of beautiful bold shadows, but find myself doing a neutral eye most days because whenever I try to do a look with alot of color in it (especially green or purple) it just ends up looking dull.
weeping.gif

Hawkeye

Use the colored paints. Also with the colored paints then apply your eyeshadow color and then you can use your eyeshadow wet or use a mixing medium
greengrin.gif

XsMom21

I just layer it on.. lol... I usually use concealer as a base, but when I want my color to be really bright, I layer it on and do a LOT of blending.

tadzio79

Paint+CCB combo is something I'd like to try (as I've read good reviews on doing this), haven't gotten around to it though.

ebonyannette

UDPP, Paints, or Shadesticks. Also make sure you pack the color on if thats the look your going for using a 213 or 242.

Joyness

I currently use UD PP, but I'm really going to have to try paints and shadesticks! I've looked at shadesticks before, and I guess forgotten about them haha Thanks ladies!

claresauntie

It probably also has a lot to do with color choice and product choice, don'tcha think? I get a lot more "pop" when I use my MAC pigments, and I surely "pop" when I put some contrasting (complementary) colors on.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
...I surely "pop" when I put some contrasting (complementary) colors on.

that's it exactly.

for example, if you're wearing a purple eye shadow the colours that are on each side of purple on a colour wheel (red and blue) will enhance the purple. so, for example, use Shale with Jest (pink) to highlight and Contrast (dark blue) to line.

one of my favourite combinations is Shale with Orange Tangent and Sumptuous Olive - not what you'd expect, but very nice.

greengrin.gif

missymaricel

I use a paint as a base, mixing medium to intesify the color, and load eyeshadows onto my eyes with the #239 brush. Dab on the color, don't just sweep it on. HTH!!!