How do you make your hair grow faster?

GreekChick

Totally agree. Apparently it's amazing for skin and nails and takes about 2-3 weeks to notice a change.

User49

When I was little my mom used to tell me that eating my bread crusts would make my hair grow more lol! In reality it's all down to diet though, I think I've heard fish is good for your hair and nails... and cod liver oil.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
cod liver oil

Mmmm sign me up for a heaping teaspoon of that!

kimmy

biotin, definately. it can't hurt and it's only like a dollar per bottle
winks.gif

butterflydream

this is kind of dumb but my mom used to rinse my hair with downy (fabric softner), she said that it made my hair longer. lol don't know about that but it made my hair soft. I do know that gelatin helps give strength to hair and nails, and the capsules are not expensive.

jenii

I use Biotin, and I think it works, but my hair always grew fast anyway.

Just keep in mind that whatever you use for the hair on your head is gonna make the hair everywhere else (especially your face!) grow faster too. Now I have to get my facial wax every two weeks (used to be three weeks).

jessiekins1

How do you make your hair grow faster?

make sure you have two parents with hair that grows fast! that's a sure-fire way!
cutey.gif

user79

Biotin is used more for hair loss, not growth so I'm not sure if it would really have an effect. I looked it up, and Biotin occurs naturally most strongly in beef liver, nuts, soya bean, eggs and avocado. So I guess if you eat a lot of those foods, you will attain a lot of biotin naturally.

From http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/biotin/
Quote:
Brittle fingernails

The finding that biotin supplements were effective in treating hoof abnormalities in horses and swine led to speculation that biotin supplements might also be helpful in strengthening brittle fingernails in humans. Three uncontrolled trials examining the effects of biotin supplementation (2.5 mg/day for up to six months) in women with brittle fingernails have been published (16-18). In two of the trials, subjective evidence of clinical improvement was reported in 67-91% of the participants available for follow-up at the end of the treatment period (16, 17). One trial that used scanning electron microscopy to assess fingernail thickness and splitting found that fingernail thickness increased by 25% and splitting decreased after biotin supplementation (18). Although the results of these small uncontrolled trials suggest that biotin supplements may be helpful in strengthening brittle nails, larger placebo-controlled trials are needed to assess the efficacy of high-dose biotin supplementation for the treatment of brittle fingernails.

Hair loss

Although hair loss is a symptom of severe biotin deficiency (see Deficiency), there are no published scientific studies that support the claim that high-dose biotin supplements are effective in preventing or treating hair loss in men or women.

colleen389

I have a friend who's pregnant and another trying, they are both swearing that pre-natal vitamins have made their hair grow twice as fast and that it's thicker too.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
I might have to try and find Biotin in the black market
lmao.gif

Any websites that sell it???
hmm.gif

what about www.herbspro.com ? I googled it and came up with a bunch of sites that sell it online, just seems like the only thing that's gonna suck is the shipping
ssad.gif
I hope u find some!! hth!

MrsJames

I take Folic Acid. It's a vitamin, you can find at any grocery or drugstore. It works! For nails too. GL!

Latest posts