How do you organise your eyeshadows?

huggablesecret

I am currently depotting and placing into 15 pan palettes, but do you go by shade or collection, or alphabetically?
I just don't know
smiles.gif

Anyhelp would be appreciated
smiles.gif

Thanks!

Renee

I organize my shadows by color, like light neutrals, pinks, greens etc. I also write on the front of the pallette with the a silver sharpie so I know which pallette is which. HTH

HeroinesHeroine

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkittekitte
i organize my shadows by the color spectrum on macs website

I do the same (though not in palettes, as my eye shadows are all in pots) in my eye shadow drawer.

NaturalSister19

I have 8 MAC E/S Pro Palettes. I have them categorized by my personal descriptions for the shadows:

Neutral - Cork, Naked Lunch, Bamboom, Nylon...
Basic - Gesso, Carbon, Mystery, Sweet Lust...
Heavy Metal- Amber Lights, Tempting, Forgery, Goldmine...
Intense - Jewel Blue, Fresh Water, Beauty Marked, Swimming...
Color Play - Club, Contrast, Paradisco, Vex...
Amplified Matte - Chrome Yellow, Plumage, Passionate, Orange...
Botanical Garden - Pink Venus, Wondergrass, Rose Blanc, Peppier...
Fantasy - Filament, Black Tied, Humid, Vellum

gigglegirl

Hey NaturalSister19, I love your personal descriptions! AWESOME! I'm still on the fence about potting/depotting. I'm not really into lipstick so am not in a huge rush to B2M......

Jacq-i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
Hey NaturalSister19, I love your personal descriptions! AWESOME! I'm still on the fence about potting/depotting. I'm not really into lipstick so am not in a huge rush to B2M......

But you could get eyeshadow for B2M... At a MAC freestanding store.
smiles.gif

gigglegirl

Perhaps I'll just have to save them up and wait to go to the US as I'm in Canada. Good to know though, I'd LOVE an e/s!!! Thanks!

goink

Quote:
Perhaps I'll just have to save them up and wait to go to the US as I'm in Canada. Good to know though, I'd LOVE an e/s!!! Thanks!

You can get an e/s, lipglass or lipstick from the B2M program in Canada. This B2M rule applies to freestanding stores and pro stores only, not the counters (such as The Bay).

gigglegirl

Yes, being in Winnipeg, we only have counters at the Bay, only 3. So I'll just save them and go out of province or country~

KimSwim

Quote:
Yes, being in Winnipeg, we only have counters at the Bay, only 3. So I'll just save them and go out of province or country~

I really wish Winnipeg had a freestanding store!

silverbelle282

i don't think this will help you lol but i tend to mix my eyeshadows up. i don't have a TON, i would say i have about 30 in pro pans and in quads, and i have about 10-15 shadows in pots. what i like to do is every now and then, go and make new combinations using my quads. this way i don't end up using the same eyeshadow over and over again (i tend to forget, out of sight out of mind i guess...)

janwa09

I have 7 palettes total and so far this is how I organize them:

1. Browns
2. Neutral/highlights
3. Purples and Blues
4. Greens and Teals
5. Pinks-Plums-Burgundies
6. Yellows/Golds-Oranges-Reds
7. Greyscale (Silvers-Greys-Blacks)

blindpassion

At the freestanding stores in Canada you can get eyeshadows, lipglasses, lipsticks... as well as a couple other things I think for B2M, I just bought my first palette and am depotting as we speak :p

KAIA

I have 4 x15 palettes and this is how I organized them:
* neutrals and browns
* green/teal/blue
* pink / fuschia / red
* purple / magenta / plum