how do you sanitize?

helloitsjeanna

it's been a while.. but i just wanted to know (and mods feel free to move this if i put it in the wrong place), but how do you all sanitize your mac products.

I know the whole dip the lipstick in alcohol and wipe w/ a tissue. But I guess my concern is how do you sanitize shadesticks and fluidlines, and the prep and prime eye. Do you all scoop out a bit and use what you scoop out?

maxcat

Alcoholing products - lipstick lipgellee shadesticks paint etc... dip in alcohol, wipe, push out product.
"Cake" products, i.e. fluidlines, tech and moisture cover foundations, primer... dip disposable spatula in alcohol, wipe, use spatula to take product out and work off the spatula with a brush. Again, no double dipping.
Does that help?

professionaltart

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
Alcoholing products - lipstick lipgellee shadesticks paint etc... dip in alcohol, wipe, push out product.
?

whats pushing out product??

-----

for lipstick, eye liners, shadesticks and anything in a stick form, i dip in alcohol, wipe with a tissue, sharpen, dip in alcohol and wipe off again. the whole bullet of shadestick doesnt have to be in alcohol, the tip is just fine.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by professionaltart
whats pushing out product??

-----

for lipstick, eye liners, shadesticks and anything in a stick form, i dip in alcohol, wipe with a tissue, sharpen, dip in alcohol and wipe off again. the whole bullet of shadestick doesnt have to be in alcohol, the tip is just fine.

Lipgelles, paint you squeeze out the stuff either onto a new kleenex, a sponge, a sanitized applicator, other stuff like shadesticks or cremesticks you twist. Maybe not so eloquent?