How do you spot-cleanse your kabuki???

lil_kismet

Hey ladies! Just wondering if any of you could give me suggestions on how to thoroughly spot-cleanse kabuki brushes inbetween washings. Sometimes it can take significant longer than a night for my kabuki to completely dry when I give them a thorough washing :|

Which methods do you use?

NaturalSister19

Supplies: clean lint-free cotton cloth, jar lid, brush cleanser with anti-microbial property, plain white paper towels.

On jobs like fashion shows, shoots, weddings...

1) Use the clean, lint-free cotton cloth to dab/wipe away most of the make-up that has soiled your brush. A gentle back and forth sweeping motion is recommended.

2) Then I use brush cleanser as follows: Have a jar cap about 2 1/2 inches around, 1/4 in deep filled with cleanser. Dip kabuki in cleanser just enough to get the brush hair tips wet.

3) With a folded paper towel in opposite hand, with the same back and forth motion clean your brush. You know it's clean when you can no longer see the color of residual make-up on the paper towel. It may take and additional paper towel to complete the cleaning. A gentle amount of pressure may be applied while cleaning - where as being too aggressive can damage the brush.

4) With a fresh paper towel, gently squeeze excess liquid from brush by pressing between thumb, fore-finger/middle finger for fast drying. Give brush a gentle shake by lightly tapping handle against the palm of your hand. Your brush should be ready to use within 10 minutes.

Recommended cleansers: M A C Brush Cleanser | Cinema Secrets Brush Cleanser

glittergoddess27

I have a small spray bottle with slightly diluted MAC brush cleanser for "in between" uses.

I use a clean all white paper towel (No Print) and spray it well with the brush cleaner, I then work my Kabuki around in gentle circles on the paper towel in different spots until there really isn't any more color coming off the kabuki. Then set it to the side to dry. It usually dries relatively quickly,.. maybe 5 minutes.