How do you use, mac moisturblend fdnt?

cinnybuns

About 2 months ago I purchased the moisturblend foundation at the macy's mac counter. The last 3x i've used the fdnt, my face looked so pasted/blotchy with foundation. I've used a fdnt brush, disposable sponge, and 187. All three methods have left me with a cakey look. I've tried everything it seems and it's still looking weird.

Is it just not for my skin or is there a special method you gals use?
cry.gif

lethaldesign

Did it look ok when you first started wearing it? It could be that your skintone has slightly changed since you purchased the foundation. For example, during the summer my skin is a shade darker than it is during the winter. Right now is when I start to use my "winter" foundation. It could also been that the foundation is going bad (not sure how long it was on the shelf before you purchased it; typically it shouldn't be that old if you purchased it 2 months ago, but you never know...)

cinnybuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Did it look ok when you first started wearing it? It could be that your skintone has slightly changed since you purchased the foundation. For example, during the summer my skin is a shade darker than it is during the winter. Right now is when I start to use my "winter" foundation. It could also been that the foundation is going bad (not sure how long it was on the shelf before you purchased it; typically it shouldn't be that old if you purchased it 2 months ago, but you never know...)

The first time I wore it after the purchased also had the cakey effect. It looked fine when the MA put it on in the counter. And of course there's no telling if it was sitting around =/ I did go to the light traffic counter.... Guess I'll just B2M it.
ssad.gif

lethaldesign

Well maybe you are applying too MUCH foundation. Try using a clean foundation brush... put a small amount of foundation on the back of your hand, then pick up a small amount of product with your brush. Use a stippling motion to apply a light layer all over your face. If the first layer isn't enough coverage, go back and do the same stippling motion again with another layer.

cinnybuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
Well maybe you are applying too MUCH foundation. Try using a clean foundation brush... put a small amount of foundation on the back of your hand, then pick up a small amount of product with your brush. Use a stippling motion to apply a light layer all over your face. If the first layer isn't enough coverage, go back and do the same stippling motion again with another layer.

I'll try this again, I thought using a slightly damp sponge will help sheer the product out and not create the cake effect.
th_dunno.gif
I'll let you guys know how it goes tomarrow.

Latest posts