How do you wear a dark purple or dark brown lipstick?

alonka1017

Hey Guys,

So with Fall right around the corner Ive been dying to try and wear a dark lipstick. However Ive only ever done looks with light pinks or nudes. I would love any ideas on the type of eye looks you girls do to match the dark lipsticks. I use mac shadows so if you could tell me the names of the shadows you use that would be fantastic! Thanks so much!

Meisje

I like to balance out a very dark lip (purple, black) with a light eye.

I am super pale, so I use something like Shroom, Vanilla pigment, or if I'm looking for a light color with some warmth, Naked pigment. Occasionally I will use a very light, white frosty shadow. I don't usually use liner, just the shadow and mascara.

I would recommend using shadows close to your skintone that have some shimmer, so that there's a simple brightness to your eye but not too much color.

alonka1017

would you recommend wearing light browns or very light purples like beautiful iris or would that be too matchy matchy? Id probably not wear anything as dark as black but a deep brown or any kind of purple is really a big step lol.

Meisje

I don't like light browns much --- they remind me of Melrose Place makeup from the 90s --- and I don't wear light purples, but they look great on other people.

BadLeslie

I love love love purple lipstick and vampy dark purples are awesome for fall. I feel like the chicest way to do a vampy lip is to keep everything else super simple. For the eyes, I'll just use painterly paint pot from the lashline to the browbone, and lightly sweep a gray brown (like Copperplate) in the crease for a tiny bit of definition. I think defining your brows and lashes are important for a lip-centric look because it keeps everything looking polished. Since I have black hair I also use Copperplate for my brows and then a cooler toned blush (Coygirl is one of my favorites) really lightly on the cheeks.

Latest posts