how fast do you think Lure will sell out? read on please!

firefly

I just got my wisdom teeth out yesterday and i'm dying for some Lure items & I can either get to MAC Friday or Tuesday. (I like to try before I buy) I will still be puffy & on meds on Friday (not driving of course!) But I would rather wait till I'm healed. Someone said I could call the store and have them set aside the colors I was interested in. my counter is usually slow moving, but I just dont want to risk not getting what i want! also what are you guys getting from it?
i want:
Mancatcher eyeshadow
Lure l/s
Goddess l/s
Phosphorelle l/g

also maybe a blushcreme or more e/s. I really want idol eyes but i heard the texture is crap!
ssad.gif
Also, I dont have a black e/s and I love the Lure packaging so I was thinking about getting black tied.

Parishoon

i love that cingular commercial....so much i had to buy the song (peter gabriel, solsbury hill in case you wondered)

soooo anyway, LURE:

well it comes out technically today, so i doubt it'll be sold out at your counter if it's slow moving. I'm kinda sitting on this one b/c I'm torn & my counter usually sucks, so they won't even have it out tomorrow, plus i'm waiting on swatches in case i decide to do online order instead (so those of you w/ the TLC sticks, put 'em up
graucho.gif
)

some one started a thread tuesday, it seems that's where most ppl have been posting their "thoughts" etc on these collections
I spy Lure collection on MAC site

hth

best of luck w/ the wisdom teeth (even if you're not puffy later in the day after you get them out, don't think it's okay to start talking, b/c you'll get puffy later, & be sorry-personal experience/regret)

firefly

oh i didnt know they used it for a commercial! i love peter gabriel, he's great!
smiles.gif

i think i will just go ahead and reserve what i want, and thanks for the link! oh and my teeth arent too bad at all! But i am talking a lot, so i will have to stop-I dont want to get puffy. thanks for your help!

Wontpayretail23

My slow moving counter sold out of the Sundressing Pigments in 2 days. I was completely shocked. I guess this once again depends on how much of each item MAC is shipping out. I keep watching the MAC website to watch for sold out items in this collection. This is just another wait and see.

junealexandra

I went to a preview and they sold out of WaterNymph that night.
I bought most of the collection, but I think I don't really likr it except for the new shadows and fluidlines. I think overall Sundresing was better.

glittergoddess27

I think this collection will sell pretty quickly, even for slow moving counters. I was surprised at quite a few things,.. and usually they dont surprise me,.. The packaging that I thought I would hate,.. I now LOVE,.. I have decided not to depot and if I ever do I may keep a couple for pill boxes or something,.. LOL. I was disappointed at the lippies,.. Only one I liked was Pink Clash and I still have backups from Rebelrock,.. but the shadows are beautiful and the fluidlines rock,... Very complimentary line. One of my favorite MA's here,.. KiraLee,.. had Haunting on the lid with Sea Myth, Mancatcher on the lid,.. Black tied in the crease,.. and Delphic and Aquavert (I think) on the bottom lid and Wow! it was super pretty. I had to smack myself not to buy backups but it is taking me over a year to use up 1 blacktrack and I use that a LOT. Apripeach is the bomb,.. I am backing that up, JIC. I also feel like these colors complement a lot of the recently released lines as well. Color wihtout being knockdown bright. Can't wait to get home and play with them. I thought I would only spend about $100 but I spent $178 thought I was maybe going to get 1 shadow because it was veluxe but I got 4,.. soo this one was an unexpected big mess on my budget,...

AudreyNicole

After seeing it this morning, I have a feeling it will GO! I went with a small wish list, which doubled at first sight. I got the things today that I have a feeling will sell out first (the 2 colored fluidlines, and 3 of the shadows and 1 lipglass) but I plan to go back next week for ALL of the lipsticks and 2 of the lipglasses. I have never owned a lipglass before this morning, and I want all of the Lure ones. I LOVE this line!!

lackofcolor

In my mall alone that I work in(i dont work at MAC I work at a clothing store in the mall) I have 3 MAC's to go too freestanding store then the counter in both macy's and foleys so when I went to get my pigments for sundressing they were sold out of one in one place so I just went to another and they had it! I am hoping Lure will be like this because I am broke until NEXT friday's paycheck

lovejam

I really hope it doesn't sell out too quickly, because I won't be able to get any of it for at least a week.

Marcita

The fastest sellers are usually pigments so I think you are safe. There is free shipping at MAC and Gloss has it today with $35 purchase so you could do that if you are worried.

bellaetoile

also, most stuff tends to come up for sale on the boards/lj/mua because people have a tendency to rush out and get it because of all the hype, then end up not liking it as well after using it a few times. i imagine it will sell out pretty quickly, or at least certain items will, but there will always be ways of getting some of the stuff.

dollbabybex

I went in the morning it was released and got the last 2 stroke of lust lipsticks... so im guessing its flying out!

petalpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
I really hope it doesn't sell out too quickly, because I won't be able to get any of it for at least a week.

Me too.
ssad.gif

MACActress

The website says Haunting is sold out! Although I went to the Freestanding Store at Tyson's Galleria and it didn't seem too busy, and nothing seemed sold out. I made it a point to go as soon as I got out of school though, so it wouldn't have been that busy anyway. Most of the people there didnt seem like they came specifically for Lure/Bait/Hooked.

stefunnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcita
The fastest sellers are usually pigments so I think you are safe. There is free shipping at MAC and Gloss has it today with $35 purchase so you could do that if you are worried.

theres a free gift that comes w/ todays orders thats 35$ and more too!!
lol.gif

Kristen

My MAC (metrotown) sold out of phosphorelle at the freestanding and they're running low on apripeach. My MA was lovely enough to call around to get the lipglass and to reserve me anything that they started to run low of.

Patricia

i'm not interested in any of it... everything is just too repetitive... i like waternymph but i already have steamy and parrot and barely use them to justify another teal... i don't wear pink so mancatcher is a big no no... aquavert and sea myth are just blah!

same with the rest of the collection, either i already have similar colours or i don't really see myself wearing any of the rest (like sex ray, looks nice but i know that i won't wear it)...

Latest posts