How I almost blinded myself yesturday..

blueyedlady87

Geez, sometimes I'm a ditz. Yesturday I was cutting off my nails (I wear acrylics and they were lifting). Anyone who has ever cut off acrylics knows they go flying and hit random things. Seriously, it's like *ping* and a few seconds later they randomly hit some wall or whatever. Funny actually.

Anyways, I'm wearing my glasses and being all careful to cut away from my face when pop, it hits me smack dab in my eye. I scream out a cuss word (which is rare for me). My mom comes in and pries it open long enough to tell me my eyes is bleeding! So we go to urgent care, wait for 2 hours. Right as I'm about to get called some dumb old lady comes in wanting morphine (she was feeling fine enough to bark out orders and flirt with the nurse). SO they put her first and I wait another 30 minutes. (I won't lie, I wanted to trip her!, lol, jk) They numb my eye (thank God) and he sticks a huge qtip in the back of my eye to make sure the nail is out. They have to put a dye in there and look at it with all these lights and machines. Then they hold my head down to squirt this cleaner type thing, and it was cold! Turns out I cut my eye like a centimeter left of my cornea, not good! And I have a lovely red blood spot, as well as a sexy eye patch and painful drops to put in. (On the plus side, doctor gave me pain pills,
smiles.gif
) And no contacts for a week. And I get to go to Hawaii like this, woohoo!

Moral of the story: wear safety goggles when cutting off acrylics. But hey, at least the doctors got a laugh at my expense, lol.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
aww!!! sprry to hear about that! I know a girl who glued her eye shut!

ouch!!!!! with eyelash glue or what?

in beauty school this one girl didn't have eylash glue and used super glue. needless to say it pulled the skin off.

TIERAsta

i'm SO sorry for you. i know, cutting off acrylics can be a very, umm, interesting experience. but on the plus side, you're coming to hawaii!! and the eye patch gives you at least one option for halloween!!

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIERAsta
i'm SO sorry for you. i know, cutting off acrylics can be a very, umm, interesting experience. but on the plus side, you're coming to hawaii!! and the eye patch gives you at least one option for halloween!!

wow! you live in hawaii, that's awesome! i'm going to the big island, staying just north of Kona. i love it there!

my eye patch is more like a huge ball of gauze taped onto my left eye, with my glasses over it. i'm looking pretty cute, lol! j/k.

SerenityRaine

aww that sucks, hopefully it'll heal super fast! my 9 year old cousin had an air pellet (those are what come outta air guns?) hit him in the eye and was stuck in the inner rim pocket - I have no idea what to call it. So, his 12 year old sister goes in and digs it out. I think eye injuries are the worst..I once was declumping my eyelashes with an eyelash comb (one that folded in & out) and while I was doing that it somehow flicked my eye...hurt like hell I thought I tore it. Luckily, no damage.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRaine
aww that sucks, hopefully it'll heal super fast! my 9 year old cousin had an air pellet (those are what come outta air guns?) hit him in the eye and was stuck in the inner rim pocket - I have no idea what to call it. So, his 12 year old sister goes in and digs it out. I think eye injuries are the worst..I once was declumping my eyelashes with an eyelash comb (one that folded in & out) and while I was doing that it somehow flicked my eye...hurt like hell I thought I tore it. Luckily, no damage.

Aaa! Air pellets? ouch! omg, i winced when i read that! geez. eye injuries are so scary because our sight is so precious. i have a new found appreciation for my sight since i've been down to one eye, lol. the dr. said eye injuries heal quickest though, so that's good.

redambition

yeouch
ssad.gif
hope it heals quickly with no complications.

i once got a 0.5mm cut on my eye thanks to walking past some construction site. it hurt like a beeeeyatch! I couldn't imagine how painful yours would be!
ssad.gif

Willa

Wow...
I dont know how I could manage this if it happened to me
I'm the type to panic when an eyelashe is stuck in my eye
lol.gif

You're going to hawaii? LUCKY YOU!
Just be carefull not to tan with the eyepatch... hehehe

Latest posts