How long do eyeshadows last?

color_lover456

Going off the thread called "how long do beauty powders last" i want to know how long it has taken you guys to finish some eyeshadows, given the frequency of use...i realize that different eyeshadows take different lengths, like I can already see a significant dip in my retrospeck but not my satin taupe or knight divine, even though i use the latter two so much more. But an estimation is better than nothing

...the reason I want to know is that I have started to do makeup on my friends, and want to charge just enough to cover the cost of product (lol i am a finance major)

coachkitten

A lot of it depends on the finish of the shadow as well. For me it seems that a frost or veluxe pearl shadow lasts a lot longer because you don't need to use a much product to get the color to show up. As far as lustres (like retrospeck) they seem to get used up faster as they are take more product to get the color to show. I would say that if you used a shadow every day that it can take up to a year to get through it.

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
how often did you use it though?

both my Bronze and Coquette are that old and i use each of them about once every couple of weeks. my Trax is 6 years old and i use it maybe once a month.

hope this helps!

MAC_Whore

Since I have about 500 or so, they last forever.
lol.gif
I do have to replace staple shadows periodically though, like Nylon, Carbon, Brule, Ricepaper, etc.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
A lot of it depends on the finish of the shadow as well. For me it seems that a frost or veluxe pearl shadow lasts a lot longer because you don't need to use a much product to get the color to show up. As far as lustres (like retrospeck) they seem to get used up faster as they are take more product to get the color to show.

True.

lipstik

I have never completely used up a MAC eyeshadow! After I've had them for a while they go B2M before they are empty!