How long does it take you...

mrsjeffhardy

to apply your normal,simple everyday makeup?

and how long does it take you to do your more complex looks?
including lotion,primer,concealer,etc. etc.
basically the whole shabang. how long does it take on average?
anyone.gif

MACATTAK

I can do a simple, fast application in about 15 minutes. If I have a lot of time...I can drag it out about an hour, picking out colors & deciding what kind of look I want to do.

mrsjeffhardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxue
10 mins, if i hurry; daily makeup.
it takes 30 mins if i do anything fancy.

30 minutes?! youre so lucky! it takes me at least 45 to do special schtuffs lol AT LEAST. my husband would KILL for me to take a 1/2 hr. lucky!!!!

KAIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxue
10 mins, if i hurry; daily makeup.
it takes 30 mins if i do anything fancy.

Exactly the same timing.

xsnowwhite

mine takes about 5-10 minutes for a daily look(foundation, mascara and eyeliner)
and for anything else i can range between 15-40.
I dont take very long but then again my makeup doesnt always look so great and it wouldnt hurt me to take a little longer lol

Mxue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjeffhardy
30 minutes?! youre so lucky! it takes me at least 45 to do special schtuffs lol AT LEAST. my husband would KILL for me to take a 1/2 hr. lucky!!!!

haha :) i don't have that much eyeshadow though, i could probably spend all day applying different shades of eyeshadow

melliquor

For mascara, powder, blush and gloss... it takes about 10 minutes.

For a look with one eyeshadow, mascara, powder, blush, and gloss... it takes about 15-20 min. If i add eyeliner, it takes more like 20 min.

My full look (I don't wear foundation just powder)... is anywhere from 30-75 minutes. It depends on how complicated the look is and how many eyeshadows and what eyeliner I use. I am a bit of a perfectionist and take my time in doing my makeup.

I rarely ever go out of the house without at least one eyeshadow on. Maybe once every two weeks, I will just have mascara, powder and blush. I love putting on makeup and on weekends is when I really experiment and take my time with lots of different colours. During the week, I usually prohibit my time to about 30 minutes for makeup. I would stick to about 2 eyeshadows and maybe a highlighter and no new combos in case it doesn't look right on me.

gitts

My everyday look consists of one to two eyeshadows, eyeliner, mascara, lipliner, lipstick, powder and blush. That probably takes me about 20 minutes. My complex look really does not take more than 15 minutes more as I do not use concealer. I do however add cream base for my eyeshadows and as many eyeshadows as I like.

I love that question: " How long does it take to do makeup?" I am always working on applying makeup fast, clean, artistic, and precise.

On a good day, when it's just simple every day makeup: 20 minutes. That is moisturizer, primer with spf 50, foundation (I use studio tech, so I love to pat it on my face with the flat brush - so that takes more time), eyeliner, mascara, and eyebrows (have to fill them in and make them look even. plus, I like the squared look in the front).

For more complicate looks: it takes any where from 45 without lashes and an hour with lash application. When I used to work at the MAC counter it would take me forever! I always kicked myself in the rear to work faster, because really I am suppose to take 45 or less with lashes.

Maybe I can throw a question for people here:

"Any suggesstions on applying makeup quick and clean?"

jenii

5 minutes if I already know what I'm gonna do, 10 or 15 if I don't, and it can go up to 30 if I'm getting ready for a special occasion like a wedding. But, that's because for a wedding or something, I go all-out with false eyelashes and such, and I take my time when applying those.

lara

10 minutes for a basic face, 25 minutes for a work appropriate face including band lashes.

Lisa J

Oh wow, you all seem so quick, I am jealous! I'm still really trying to cut down on how long it takes me to do my makeup in the morning, but I seem to keep adding more products to the list of what to slap on my face!

Basically it takes me at least an hour each morning to do my makeup. I have become attached to making it look the best I can all the time though, so that's my problem! This all includes foundation, concealer, powder, usually at least 3 eyeshadows, liner, mascara, eyebrow filling in, lips, blush, and sometimes I try to contour and highlight my cheeks. Anyone have suggestions on how I can cut the time down? haha

Randy Rose

I am a boy and I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis (or if I am wearing any, maybe a light cheek contour, it takes less than five minutes to apply), but when I do wear makeup . . .

Basic stage makeup (moisturizer, concealer, foundation, eyeliner, shadow, mascara, blush, contouring, lipstick) application takes me about fifteen minutes, sometimes as little as ten.

Full drag looks take me between forty-five minutes to ninety minutes to apply, depending on the complexity of the look and how often I've done it.

When I do my friends' or clients' makeup, it usually takes between fifteen (light and quick) and forty-five minutes (very complex) to do a full face. I can bang out an easy pair of eyes in five or ten minutes, a harder set in twenty or thirty.

Azuresyren

Always about an hour; and I think I spend most of my time on perfecting my skin / complexion, and eyes. An hour, sometimes more, sometimes less.

eastsidesunset

About five minutes for my daily face (conceal, little MMU and powder, chapstick), and up to 45 minutes for a night out. Although, my boyfriend has got my going out routine down to 20 with all his complaining that I'm making us late, haha. I've been known to bang out the whole deal in five minutes when he nags.

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
For a look with one eyeshadow, mascara, powder, blush, and gloss... it takes about 15-20 min.

My full look (I don't wear foundation just powder)... is anywhere from 30-75 minutes. It depends on how complicated the look is and how many eyeshadows and what eyeliner I use. I am a bit of a perfectionist and take my time in doing my makeup.

Me too! I have a very similar routine, taking the same amount of time!