How long..

Kim.

I know the new untamed and rookcco collections are out but how long does mac usually keep the collections in stock? A few weeks? Last time I was saving money for the amuse collection and now its probably gone because I waited too long.

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

midgetfury74

yeah its just a matter of when they seel out. they dont hide extra in the back, but they can also reorder some of their stock, i know that my counter reordered a lot of the A Muse collection and are completely restocked with fluidlines, MSF's (except for shooting star, that was one immediately the second time around) and all the lippies.

BlahWah

They keep till they sell out, and those that don't sell out are returned a few months later... I was at a counter in early July which still had the Free to Be quad from the Naturally Eccentric (Aug. 2005) and were about to be sending it back. Again, having items still available depends on whether ppl buy or not.

bellaetoile

limited edition releases (i.e. the color stores, like rockocco and untamed..) are kept until they run out. occasionally, certain stores will get secondary shipments a few weeks after the initial run. items that don't sell are often RTV-ed (return to vendor) after a set amount of months, then MAC decides what to do with them. on average, i've noticed, the initial runs of collections usually last a week or two, with things starting to slowly sell out. sometimes, lower traffic volume counters will have things longer, and occasionally super popular items (i.e. the MSFs and pigments) will sell out in a couple days.

for example, i somehow managed to miss out on gold dusk pigment and the summerwear quad when they were released. i called about a billion MAC counters and freestanding stores, and couldn't get ahold of any. three weeks later i happened to walk into my nordstrom and they had gotten in a smaller second shipment, and i was able to get them. i was thrilled. what i can recommend is keep a list of MAC phone numbers in your area, and make friends with a MA or two. call in advance, if there's some doubt something will be in stock. usually, they're willing to hold an item for a day or so, as well.

notmyhand

I'm hoping for awhile because I really want Pompous Blue from the technacolor collection but won't have any funds available until September 9th. I'm praying its not sold out or discontinued by then.

Latest posts