How many mascara's do you own?

Strawberrymold

Just curious as to how many mascara's everyone keeps around at one time. What prompted this you ask? Digging though the mascara drawer and realizing that I may have a problem and may need to seek professional help. I just like mascara though... and if it is new and sounds amazing I simply must have it!

Anyone else share my addition?

Oh and I currently own 21

shatteredshards

I only have one at a time. I don't use it enough to warrant it, honestly (I'm not a "put on my face everyday" kind of person).

You're supposed to throw out mascaras after 3 months, anyhow, because of all the bacteria that grows in the tube once you use it.

ThePowderPuff

Not very many. Most of the times just one really. I have lots af other makeup but mascaras should be thrown out every 3 months, and mostly I also think they get dry and not as effective after that time, so I more or less just have one mascara and stick to it. Sometimes I have more, but that is normallly because I bought one that I didn't like, and then went got another one instead.

At the moment I actually have two because I found out, that a combination of Imju Fiberwig and a volumizing mascara underneath gives incredible lashes. And I also have a Shiseido Mascara Base. Does that count as a mascara?

Strawberrymold

A lot of my mascara's are bases or for layering. I tend to wear a different mascara everyday though so even though the don't last that long I do tend to get through them.

Shadowy Lady

I currently have four layering around: Lancome Hypnose (this one is my HG), a Bourjois one (testing this), CG Lash Blast (my everyday) and a CG Eyelight for hazel eyes (also testing...me no likey)

FiestyFemme

I just have one at a time. I used to have a ton, but then it seemed pointless when I had to toss them out after 3 months.

2browneyes

I only have 2. I use my MK Ultimate Mascara all the time. I have a Covergirl one at my desk just in case.

nikkic

One. I like my Cover Girl Lash Blast Waterproof and have no desire for anything else. It did take years and a lot of money to find that out though!

shmooby

Just two. A black one for my lashes and a clear one for my brows. Mascara doesnt really interest me. I just re-purchase the one I know works well for me when I run out. I prefer to spend my money on more colours rather than tonnes of products that all ultimately do the same thing

hello_kitty

I have 2... well, 3 if you count my MUFE Lash Fibers... MUFE Smokey Lash and Duwop Lash Venom. I've had Lash Venom for about a year now, haha. I ain't skurred of germs. My Smokey Lash is actually fairly new because my old one dried up
ssad.gif

I had a bunch of old ones in my traincase that I tossed a few months ago to clear up space.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
I ain't skurred of germs.

I'm not too scared of germs, either (I refuse to use instant hand sanitizer for the way it causes mutations, and I had swine flu last month), but we're talking the bacteria in old mascara often causing pinkeye and stye.

co_quette

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmooby
Just two. A black one for my lashes and a clear one for my brows. Mascara doesnt really interest me. I just re-purchase the one I know works well for me when I run out. I prefer to spend my money on more colours rather than tonnes of products that all ultimately do the same thing

i'm the same way. loreal voluminous is the only mascara i buy. it works and it's relatively inexpensive. i'm sure YSL and dior mascaras are great but i just don't see the point in spending so much money on something that goes bad in no time. i would rather just buy false eyelashes.

hello_kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I'm not too scared of germs, either (I refuse to use instant hand sanitizer for the way it causes mutations, and I had swine flu last month), but we're talking the bacteria in old mascara often causing pinkeye and stye.

Well, for me personally, I use my mascaras far longer than deemed "appropriate" by the public at large and have never had a single issue in the 13 years or so I've been using mascara. Would I tell someone else to do it? No. But I'll continue using mine for about a year or so before tossing (or whenever they just become too "nasty" in my eyes... my MUFE ones do this at about the 4-6 month mark) because that's just what I do, and I'm a bit crazy
graucho.gif

Jaim

I have about 8 right now because I work at Sephora and I get a ton of mascaras as gratis!

DILLIGAF

Lancome Hypnose
CG Lash Blast
CG Lash Blast Lenght
Maybelline Full 'N Soft
Maybelline Lash Discovery

bellaboomboom

Right now 2. :

CG Lashblast (I got the tip on using this from Richie Nickel on youtube - LOVE HIM!)

Also, have Too Faced Lash injection.

Like them both.

Mascara is a pain in the _ _ _ ( etc...) It' the one product I don't really enjoy putting on at all but you have to! Just not fun for me
th_confused_new.gif

One slightly off the topic note on Too Faced: Got the Queen for a Day set on their website. SO CUTE! Check it out on their site or ULTA.

SmokeSignal16

I have about 6 or 7 in rotation at the moment. I put a label on them when I open them so I know how long I have had it open. I usually use a different one everyday or it depends sometimes on my mood or what the weather is like (if it's raining or if I get an allergy attack with watery eyes!). I have some that are waterproof and others that are not. I do have some more mascara but it's just unopened ones that I have to try out that I'm waiting on using till I get ready and throw out one or 2 of the ones that are in rotation now.

Latest posts