How Many Palettes Are Needed?

VintageAqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
For a good sized stash, I don't think you'd need more than 3 palettes. In reality, if you have a good color range with 45 eyeshadows, you should be able to create just about any look you like. I've currently got 3 full 15 pan palettes, and 4-5 quads. I've still got enough e/s in pots for probably 2 more palettes. It's honestly too much, IMO.

I 100% agree! Right now I'm at 8 palettes and it's honestly a little overwhelming. I find myself reaching for the same colors anyway so just buy the colors you like and take it from there!

Tish also had a great idea with having an extra palette on hand for times you decide to randomly depot or when I have freelancing jobs/go on vacation it allows you to grab the colors you want rather than having to stockpile several palettes and risk breakage in travel!

theredwonder

I thought I needed one when I started and I had to go back twice in one week because I kept realizing I had more than I thought. They sneak up on you.

fallenang3l211

I'm on the same page with everyone else. I currently have 3 palettes.

1 neutral
1 purple/blue/green
1 for all LE shadows

I'm probably going to get one or two for just incase. I find myself drooling over upcoming LEs and some other pan-refills that I want. I must admit that most of the 35 shadows I have, I don't use. I probably use 10 of them? I have 2 empty quads. 1 so I can carry whatever shadows I'm using for the day and an extra if I'm traveling and I don't want to carry a crap load of stuff. Good luck!

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
I'm with ya hun! I also started with one... and now I have 10 e/s palettes lol. (and two empty palettes for expansion
lol.gif
)

My excuse is that at least 4-5 of those are filled with pressed pigments
winkiss.gif

Do you use rubbing alcohol to press your pigments? I've seen some tuts on youtube but I don't know how I feel about using 90% alcohol..

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambicion6
I maximize my space with the palettes. I take out the little divider thingy and you can fit 21 instead of 15. some people don't like to do this bc there might be cross-spillage from the shadows since they are next to each other, but its nevery been a problem for me! just another thought in case you're trying to fill em up and save some $ at the same time.

I saw this on Enkore's channel but didn't know if a normal person had successfully taken that tray out. He overemphasized snapping the clips to lift it out of place and I was too scared that I would break one. Thanks for the heads up because mine are becoming weird to maintain now that I buy eye shadows that god knows what I'll do with. You end up wanting them even though there's colors that might not suit you like vocaltest said. Guys collect jerseys and video games and we collect make up I guess.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
Do you use rubbing alcohol to press your pigments? I've seen some tuts on youtube but I don't know how I feel about using 90% alcohol..

90% alcohol will evaporate insanely fast as there is more alcohol than water.

try it out. pour some alcohol into a container and let it sit there and watch it disapear. if you are worried the alcohol will react, you could test for differences. mix some with your pigment and wait for it to evaporate. swatch it against the one without alcohol.

my problem is finding metal pans.

back onto topic, i guess it depends on how many eyeshadows you have. the way i have mine right now is 1 for neutrals plus a quad for all my blacky grey, 1 for pink and purple, and 1 for yellow green blue.

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard

my problem is finding metal pans.

The Coastal Scents website has 15 for $4.98 but shipping is ridiculous! I found some on ebay for $5 with shipping included..but they come from Hong Kong. They look like the ones on the CS website. I'll let you know how they are. TY for the tip! I'm going to experiment with one when my pans arrive..whenever that may be.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
The Coastal Scents website has 15 for $4.98 but shipping is ridiculous! I found some on ebay for $5 with shipping included..but they come from Hong Kong. They look like the ones on the CS website. I'll let you know how they are. TY for the tip! I'm going to experiment with one when my pans arrive..whenever that may be.

oh yeah. i just went to ebay and found some =D

Prototype83

I started with one, thinking I would NEVER have that many shadows.....I just bought 2 more bringing my total to 10 (2 blush palettes). Geez!!! lol