How many times did you try?

andicandi3x12

before you got the job?
I was at a store tonight and a very helpful and fly MA told me I wouldnt get the job after my 1st demo, she said no one does. She said I am going to come in and they will find something wrong and not give me the job because they want to see how much I want it??? Is this true? she said it happened with her. I thought every situation is different and I really think I am ready for my demo monday and really hope I get it. Of course I would try again if I dont but this scared me a bit.

Ambonee

It's not always true. However, I didn't get it my first try.
ssad.gif
It crushed me. I got an on-call position on my 2nd try, didn't get the perm position on my 3rd try and will hopefully have better luck next week on my 4th try...we'll see. But I won't stop trying. As discouraging as it is. My counter is highly sought after, so I know the competition is fierce. I just need to try and try again. I know when it's my time, I'll get it!
smiles.gif

A friend of mine got a 28 hr position after his first demo so I know it's possible
smiles.gif
Don't give up hope! Go in there with the attitude that you're going to get it and who knows, you just might.
smiles.gif

baybehbekah

i got the job after my first demo BUT i had to wait nearly 3 months before i got an offer! i think it all varies on your location, your experience, and the timing.

have fun at your demo & rock their socks off! know your stuff & study this forum! so much helpful information on here! good luck & let us know how it goes!
smiles.gif

breeknee

I have to prove myself as a freelancer before they would consider hiring me on as perm. This is the way this counter works, everyone starts as freelance, or I think thats what I was told? I don't remember I'm just happy to be there
smiles.gif

boudoirblonde

I've applied twice at the actual counter.
But this time Im applying through the actual website *fingers crossed!!*

missmarkers

i got the job the first time that i applied, but my experience was a lot different than most other stories i read here. i didn't meet the trainer until after my first week working. i interviewed with a regional recruiter first, did my demo/interview, another two interviews and then was offered a position and filled out all of my paperwork (including my application).

miss_supra

I applied twice. My first time I sucked at blending, then I tried about 3 years later and got the job.