How much are MAC samples?

MAC-Addict03

Samples are always free-if there's something you want to try before purchasing it MA's will give you a sample to try it first!

mac_addict.gif
yes.gif
th_DANCE.gif

User37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC-Addict03
Samples are always free-if there's something you want to try before purchasing it MA's will give you a sample to try it first!

mac_addict.gif
yes.gif
th_DANCE.gif

i am not sure if this has changed or if it depends on the country you're living in but a mac mua told me a month ago that giving out samples (and i wanted to PURCHASE it and not having it for free) was ALWAYS forbidden and if the manager sees it he/she could fire the mua
th_confused_new.gif

or did she just tell me bs? mac muas in my country are often very clueless and it seems like they often just lie instead of saying the truth/idon'tknow.

LMD84

only the other day i called customer service and asked to be sent a sample of the new foundation so i could colour match myself
smiles.gif
if they can do it over the phone then i would imagine they would do it in store too
smiles.gif

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmarnip
i am not sure if this has changed or if it depends on the country you're living in but a mac mua told me a month ago that giving out samples (and i wanted to PURCHASE it and not having it for free) was ALWAYS forbidden and if the manager sees it he/she could fire the mua
th_confused_new.gif

or did she just tell me bs? mac muas in my country are often very clueless and it seems like they often just lie instead of saying the truth/idon'tknow.

Same happened to me 1,5 weeks ago. I bought for over 120€ at a counter and asked for samles of 2 items for trying in combination with things I alrady have but they would not give me samples.
Perhaps in germany they really are not allowed to give away samples?!
th_confused_new.gif

Hmm, perhaps I try asking at the counter again with the information that in other countries like UK it is possible...

User37

i'll be at a counter in two weeks and sure will ask again, too. maybe i'll send the german customer service an e-mail first. you might be right about how mac germany works.
i have made some bad experience when mentioning that i have read this&that on the net even if i say it with my most polite words&gestures. it's like the macines are angered by a customer who's informed herself before coming to the shop.

hyazinth

Quote:
i'll be at a counter in two weeks and sure will ask again, too. maybe i'll send the german customer service an e-mail first. you might be right about how mac germany works.
i have made some bad experience when mentioning that i have read this&that on the net even if i say it with my most polite words&gestures. it's like the macines are angered by a customer who's informed herself before coming to the shop.

Asking the customer service is a great idea. Maybe they know better. Let us know when they answered. Or maybe I should send a email too a short while after you did to show them that there is maybe a lack of information. Is that a idea?

Anyway beeing rude to a customer, no matter the reason, is just bad business. They should be happy that mac fans are up to date. Not to forget that it is their job to also be up to date and be polite.

hyazinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyazinth
Same happened to me 1,5 weeks ago. I bought for over 120€ at a counter and asked for samles of 2 items for trying in combination with things I alrady have but they would not give me samples.
Perhaps in germany they really are not allowed to give away samples?!
th_confused_new.gif

Hmm, perhaps I try asking at the counter again with the information that in other countries like UK it is possible...

The whole thing bugged me so much that I went to a counter today and asked for more details about giving away samples. The mac make up artist told me that they are not allowed to give away samples because there is no ingredients list on the samples. And basically that is the reason why samples are not allowed anymore.
The explanation sounds logical to me but it's a pity regardless of which reason. I hope they start producing samples with ingredients list soon. :/

User37

thanks hyazinth for the info!

hm, the lack of a ingred. list on a sample sounds very much like the infamous german bureaucracy to me... at least it's an explanation i can live with. and it's far better than the usual answers one get from a douglas girl.

hyazinth

Quote:
thanks hyazinth for the info!

hm, the lack of a ingred. list on a sample sounds very much like the infamous german bureaucracy to me... at least it's an explanation i can live with. and it's far better than the usual answers one get from a douglas girl.

lol.gif
yes, douglas is most of the time not a good communication partner with such questions.
And I think so too, could be due to german law restrictions. If this is the reason, perhaps they find a way to "work arround" these restrictions?! Also would be interesting to know how it is in other european countries at the moment.

speedygirl247

I think it is everywhere in the EU now, I'm just updating my pigment samples to include the required information, I'm in the UK.

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
only the other day i called customer service and asked to be sent a sample of the new foundation so i could colour match myself
smiles.gif
if they can do it over the phone then i would imagine they would do it in store too
smiles.gif

what number did you call up hun? i'd like to request some samples too. did they give u a hard time, or were they fine about it?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
what number did you call up hun? i'd like to request some samples too. did they give u a hard time, or were they fine about it?

i called the customer service number which was on the website. and no the lady i spoke to was fine, i explained how i'd bought the brush but needed to see what shade of foundation i was before i bought that. the sample only arrived today though so it's taken a little over a week to come
smiles.gif