How much do they primp?

redambition

let's see...

cleanses with proper cleanser
uses shower gel (not soap) to wash
uses a face scrub regularly
moisturises (uses spf 15 face cream during the day)
shaves
uses after shave balm
uses hair products if his hair isn't in buzz cut mode
deodorant
fragrance
hand cream (he carries it around, bless him)
lip balm (also carried around)

yep. he's high maintenance.
smiles.gif
he has drawn the line at makup (haha, i've tried to put concealer on him), but is open to the idea of wearing matte nail envy to try and stop his nail biting habit.

the thing is - he uses a lot of that stuff now because he started sampling all of my skincare products and decided he liked using proper skincare. before me he used to wash with soap, wear deodorant and fragrance and maybe use some lip balm in winter.

the hand cream and lip balm get used a lot because he works in data centres now - the air in there is very very dry and any exposed skin just gets all dehydrated if you spend a lot of time in there.

lara

He washes his face, shaves, puts on antiperspirant and uses a bit of moisturiser whenever he remembers. The only concession to manscaping I've seen him make is using a matte lip balm and having the occasional spitz of Viktor & Rolf's Antidote fragrance.

I occasionally submit him to a mask or give him a Silver Powder treatment, but as long as it doesn't happen too often he'll take it with good grace.

Asianshell

my fiance brushes his teeth, showers (every night), shaves, uses after shave, style his hair, and carries around chapstick (40% of the time he doesn't use it when he needs it!). when i was living with him i wouldn't let him fall asleep without moisturizing his hands... if he's knocked out cold from a long day, i'd put on hand cream for him. he likes the message, even if it wakes him up

CantAffordMAC

its funny because even though my bf primps sometimes, I still have to ask him if he brushed his teeth (he usually does) and sometimes after sex or after he bites his nails i have to make him wash his hands.

alien21xx

I guess my bf is pretty high maintenance since he:
showers daily
shaves daily (his hair grows real fast and I HATE stubble)
gets a haircut twice a week
trims his nails weekly
splashes way too much cologne than is probably good for him (but I like the clean smell)
styles his hair with several tons of hair products

He also takes about an hour to decide on what clothes and shoes he'll wear when we go out.

To be fair though, he only developed this routine so he wouldn't have to wait for me because I take an hour to shower, another to choose my clothes, and another to finish my make-up, perfume, and putting on my jewelry.
I guess we're both very high maintenance. :O

duch3ss25

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
let's see...

cleanses with proper cleanser
uses shower gel (not soap) to wash
uses a face scrub regularly
moisturises (uses spf 15 face cream during the day)
shaves
uses after shave balm
uses hair products if his hair isn't in buzz cut mode
deodorant
fragrance
hand cream (he carries it around, bless him)
lip balm (also carried around)

yep. he's high maintenance.
smiles.gif
he has drawn the line at makup (haha, i've tried to put concealer on him), but is open to the idea of wearing matte nail envy to try and stop his nail biting habit.

the thing is - he uses a lot of that stuff now because he started sampling all of my skincare products and decided he liked using proper skincare. before me he used to wash with soap, wear deodorant and fragrance and maybe use some lip balm in winter.

the hand cream and lip balm get used a lot because he works in data centres now - the air in there is very very dry and any exposed skin just gets all dehydrated if you spend a lot of time in there.

I can totally relate to this. My fiancee is exactly like this, ultra-high maintenance! When we started dating, he'd just shower, brush teeth, shave, puts deodorant and cologne and have massage maybe once a month. Nowadays, he does the same thing but shower's with a specific shower gel, shave, puts deodorant, cologne and sunblock, moisturize all over, and primps his hair. Oh and he now carries prada lip balms and miniature hand moisturizers like they're life-savers!! And he's gotten used to getting his brows waxed and hair trimmed 2x a month, have weekly massages and indulges in bubble baths once a week
lol.gif
!

I guess, I've created a high-maintenance SO by introducing him to all these products and routines
hmm.gif
But at least, he is now comfortable going to department stores to buy cosmetics and skincare items without feeling stupid or intimidated by the women at the counters
thmbup.gif
. Plus I have someone to share my obsessions with, for better or for worse lol.