How much make-up did you wear?

miss_supra

Perhaps I am making a bigger deal than it really is. I plan to apply for the freelance position with MAC soon, but I am stressing out what I should do for make-up. Should I do something really creative or will a simple smokey eye will work? What looks did you girls/guys do when you first applied? I know you should have your best face on since you need to show to them you are at least worth their time to interview. Any comments or opinions welcomed.

MisStarrlight

Choose whatever you are most comfortable in & what you can do the best with. The point really is to have a flawless face.
Remember the MAC dress code:
3 eye shadows, 3 lip products, foundation, 1-3 blushes (blush, highlight, contour).

When I interviewed, I did a green eye (old gold, swimming, humid, teal) w/ a pinkish-orange lip (wonderstruck & I won't remember what else).

Another thing to keep in mind is the "look" of the counter. If the location you are applying to tends to wear really crazy/daring makeup w/ a ton of colors or something-you'll want wear something like that, but if they tend to be more on the natural side, you might want to tone it down a bit.