How much would you pay for Metal Rocks?

bkgirl03

I want Metal Rocks badly. But some of the prices I've seen are outrageous. How much would you be willing it pay for Metal Rocks MSF?

Fiberluver

It depends on how badly you really want it. Personally, I wouldn't buy this from an EvilBayer or anyone else asking for a huge sum of money for it. So unfair. I would wait to see if MAC will re-release it in the future or try to find an adequate duplicate.

Right now the word on dups. is Twinks e/s is a good dup. Also, the middle strip of the Warm Blend MSF from last year's Color Craft Collection is the same as Metal Rock.

Plus, Erin of Fabulous beauty - I think - mentioned in one of her blogs that Laura Mercier's Satinee Creme e/s in the shade Burnished Copper is close as well.

Just my humble opinion.

You should contact MAC's customer service dept. and bombard them with requests.

If they get enough requests from customers, maybe they'll re-promote it. I know I would love to get my hands on it.

Nat

Nelly711

This question is going to get a variety of different responses because everyone has a limit to how much they are willing to pay for certain items.

Due to the rarity of this item, more times than not, you will see it at a high price. There are some people who aren't trying to make a boatload of cash and will set it as a reasonable price but IMO, those people are far and few between. Lately, I've been seeing it priced at $60+.

For me, I wouldn't pay over $60 for it. It's gorgeous, but it's not worth the ridiculous amount of money that people are trying to sell it for.

I disagree with Twinks being a dupe for Metal Rock. I took a pic to show the difference.

MetalRock-Outdoors-1.jpg

Twinks on the left, Metal Rock on the right

Ebonyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberluver
Also, the middle strip of the Warm Blend MSF from last year's Color Craft Collection is the same as Metal Rock.Nat

The middle strip of Warm Blend is a very close to Metal Rock and could possibly be a base for it, but the two do vary. Metal Rock is a deeper brown and has flecks of gold while Warm Blend has no flecks just shimmer.

lenchen

Quote:
It depends on how badly you really want it. Personally, I wouldn't buy this from an EvilBayer or anyone else asking for a huge sum of money for it. So unfair. I would wait to see if MAC will re-release it in the future or try to find an adequate duplicate.

Right now the word on dups. is Twinks e/s is a good dup. Also, the middle strip of the Warm Blend MSF from last year's Color Craft Collection is the same as Metal Rock.

Plus, Erin of Fabulous beauty - I think - mentioned in one of her blogs that Laura Mercier's Satinee Creme e/s in the shade Burnished Copper is close as well.

Just my humble opinion.

If they get enough requests from customers, maybe they'll re-promote it.
I know I would love to get my hands on it.

Nat

For real. This is what a lot of us did with stereo rose, and now they're re-promoting it with in the groove. Personally I'd avoid evilbay. Who knows if it's authentic? I'd keep bombarding MAC customer service as I have been doing.

Blushbaby

I was able to get it off a fellow Specktrite on the UK sales forum. I didn't pay THAT over RRP much for it either - about £25 I think.

It's nice, but hasn't changed my make up wearing life to be honest. I actually think it's overhyped, despite the fact I was bouncing off the ceiling in excitement when it arrived.

If you want it bad enough, use your voice and tell MAC - repeatedly.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I wouldn't pay more than $45 used for it. And I agree with Blushbaby; I like MR a lot, and would jump at the opportunity to get backups if it were repromoted, but I wouldn't sell an organ on the black market trying to get it either. It's not earth shattering.

Vixxan

My max is $40. I refuse to pay those jacked up prices. I'm not going to encourage price gouging by participating in it. I believe the hype but I'm not willing to pay for it.

iaisha26

You got to get it while the getting is good. People marking up the price is crazy. I've owed 5 Metal Rocks, I paid $25 for each - back then MSFs were cheaper.

Ashleybubbles83

i joined the Metal Rock craze late in the game, and i paid $60 for one used 1x by the previous user. if i sold mine i dont think i would sell for that much or more unless i was hard up for money and needed to get back what i paid for it.

ARmakeupjunkie

I had the chance a few weeks back to get one for $75 but that was more than I wanted to pay. I would rather wait around and see if they will release it again then get it for $28 then pay more then double that amount.

Junkie

Marcelle put out a bronzer very similar to Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks - the bottom "bars" of the bronzer look like they'd be a pretty good dupe for it from what I've seen, but I can't compare since I don't have Metal Rock myself.

A friend of mine was selling hers for $60 and its brand new. Her Lightscapade was priced at $75 (BNIB).

I think if some people are willing to buy it and have that money to burn, the more power to them. I saw Stereo Rose (before we heard about the repromote) going for $150 on ebay. I've also seen some pigment jars (like the old rare colours) going for $75. If I had the cash and wanted it badly enough and couldn't hope or wait for a repromote, I'd probably give in and buy it.

lilchocolatema

I love that you called me Fabulous Beauty. Much more family friendly than Scandalous Beauty!
th_LMAO.gif
But yep, the LM Cream Eye Shadow is a great dupe! I would probably pay no more than $30. It's an AMAZING color and I live for it, but these folks charge out the ass for this mess and it's just insane!

Quote:

Just my humble opinion.

If they get enough requests from customers, maybe they'll re-promote it. I know I would love to get my hands on it.

Nat

DILLIGAF

I recently saw this listed on eBay for $154. The seller also clearly stated the price was not negotiable. There is nothing makeup related that I would pay that price for. Is she smoking something?

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly711
This question is going to get a variety of different responses because everyone has a limit to how much they are willing to pay for certain items.

Due to the rarity of this item, more times than not, you will see it at a high price. There are some people who aren't trying to make a boatload of cash and will set it as a reasonable price but IMO, those people are far and few between. Lately, I've been seeing it priced at $60+.

For me, I wouldn't pay over $60 for it. It's gorgeous, but it's not worth the ridiculous amount of money that people are trying to sell it for.

I disagree with Twinks being a dupe for Metal Rock. I took a pic to show the difference.

MetalRock-Outdoors-1.jpg

Twinks on the left, Metal Rock on the right

Thanks for posting this. I was just about to say that they are nothing alike before I saw your post.

The middle strip in Warm Blend is closer.....but not exact.

sss215

Whatever price mac charges if they decide to re release it. I like it but I would not pay more than what it is worth.

thelove4tequila

I think I paid a decent price for mine, $45 about two years ago. I see them pop up every now and then for around $60. I wouldn't dare pay above that if I really wanted it.

I don't know if MAC will ever re-release MR again, I heard that a ton were returned. But, knowing MAC and how they like to release 50 million collections a year, they will run out of ideas and release it again.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
I think I paid a decent price for mine, $45 about two years ago. I see them pop up every now and then for around $60. I wouldn't dare pay above that if I really wanted it.

I don't know if MAC will ever re-release MR again, I heard that a ton were returned. But, knowing MAC and how they like to release 50 million collections a year, they will run out of ideas and release it again.

If they do re-release it God help the person that's between the MAC addict and the counter/store that day.