how nice is too nice??

noturavgurl

the guy: i feel like he's too nice. too 'girly' almost. he constantly texts me asking me what i'm doing where i'm going. needs me to explicitly say things like yes, i want you to come, blah blah. he gets sick and says, are you going to take care of me? keeps asking me out to dates, lunches...whatever! calls me 'boo'. that is sucha deal breaker. boo is for ghosts!
thmbdn.gif
i don't know if he's just playing around tryna be funny or what. and he's not that smart.

my friends: one thinks he's being flirty, cute and playful. another thinks he's kinda psychotic. and another thinks i should give him a chance..that he's a nice guy.

me: i want a little bit of a chase. some foreplay, if you will. i want to want him but the fact that he seems too into me, it turns me off..i always wanted a bad boy and i know, ohh i know, i shouldn't. i just want him to be a little bad. a little cool.

the question for my ladies: what should i do? have you ever experienced this b4? this shit is really wearing me out!

xsnowwhite

im with you.
that kind of stuff is like whoaaaaa for me. It tends to chase me away but do what you want!

MiCHiE

I had a guy like this and I had to let his ass go, too. He never even gave me a chance to call him....It was too much. I would cringe everytime the phone rang. There's a fine line between "sweet" and "overbearing" and really, no "in between".

Raerae

I'd dump him lol... My current relationship went through a clingy stage and I had to have a serious conversation with him that all his attention is only pushing me away, not making me feel closer. He's much better about it now, and were doing great considering all the drama.

noturavgurl

HAHHAHAA u guys are too funny! so how do i break it to him? a more subtle way instead of..let's just be friends..i know it's bad, but i kinda wanna keep him around cuz it makes things a little, just a little fun. AND we have a month left of class together! so it can't be awkward...oh dear!

jenee.sum

skip class.

LOL jk!
lol.gif
I like it when u know a guy is into u, but if he's acting all girly, and clingly, calls u "boo", then i wouldn't be able to take it too. he's gotta be a MAN, u know? he doesn't have to be a bad boy, but a MAN. and if he's gunna be all sappy, then......ur right ,
thmbdn.gif
no good.
don't skip class, haha i was juss kidding. are u flirting back? if u are, maybe u can slowly stop, and somehow show him that ur not interested in him in that kinda way anymore. and keep a distance, like no huggy huggy touchy touchy. usually when u stop that stuff, a guy SHOULD get the point that ur distancing urself. HTH!

Beauty Mark

It doesn't sound like he's that nice but clingy and needy. "he gets sick and says, are you going to take care of me?" sounds like he's looking out for himself and not you. To me, overly nice is when someone showers you with gifts, lets you practically walk all over them, etc.

Since you have a month left of classes, I assume you are finishing off papers/projects/whatever and will begin preparing for finals? Maybe tell him you need some space to do all of that before the semester ends. Most rational people understand grades

noturavgurl

yea that boo thing. oo wee..i cannot take that. it should pretty much never be used, for me at least. you're right jenee, he does need to man up! hahaha i told him to stop acting so girly..it's okay to keep him around for reserve? hahah!!! gotta have backups and options right? i know so many guys that do that, so why not us ladies!
tong.gif

CantAffordMAC

if ur attracted to him then give it a shot. i think most girls like "bad boys" and they don't even have to really be bad, but we love when they make us chase. when i first met my bf he was really into me and it showed, and i hated it. but now we've been together a year and a half. they don't ALWAYS have to make us chase them lol.

but he does sound annoying
nope.gif

noturavgurl

LOL!!! he is nutty. i was just talking to him and i just realized..i don't want him even on reserve! i want a nice and cool guy..don't have to be too bad, a little game can't hurt!

dmenchi

don't play with peoples feelings...if you don't like him just tell him to give you some space
smiles.gif

lara

He's overly attentive, yes, but I'd rather an overly nice boy over a complete dick any day. The thrill of the chase might not be there, but there's a lot to be said for being with someone who is genuinely nice to you. With the right suggestions and gentle hints to lighten up, he'd probably be a total keeper.

/boring

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
its simple you don't fancy him!!! if you did all the annoying things in the world wouldn't bother you,x

i'm going to have to agree with that.

my ex boyfriend was really clingy when we first started dating, and i loved it. i love that he'd call me a billion times a day and that he always wanted to talk about "us." after a while, after i found out about all the lies and the other women and i just really didn't want him anymore, those phone calls and conversations were just such a turn off for me. he didn't change anything, it's just that i didn't love him anymore, so the little things he'd always done started to really piss me off.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i'm going to have to agree with that.

my ex boyfriend was really clingy when we first started dating, and i loved it. i love that he'd call me a billion times a day and that he always wanted to talk about "us." after a while, after i found out about all the lies and the other women and i just really didn't want him anymore, those phone calls and conversations were just such a turn off for me. he didn't change anything, it's just that i didn't love him anymore, so the little things he'd always done started to really piss me off.

Haha... Been there omg... I remember when my phone would ring and I would see his name I'd be like, :"uuuuuugh." I really hate that part of a relationship, when your not like totally fed up, but your over it enough to the point where every little thing he does bothers you lol.

Girl about town

It a horrible situation when you go off someone, I met my current fiance of 5 years when i was going out with my ex, my ex was perfect and lovely but all of a sudden i went off him one day, he couldn't do a thing right after that, if he touched me i used to literally cringe eeeew!!! i had to end it!!! poor guy