how not to look sick..

joytheobscure

How many of you get up and fix your face with your excellent mac cosmetics on a daily basis and go to work, sick or not.....

Today I was using my meds... and complaining (hey - I do complain about the whole aspect that breathing is something I like to do but unfortunately my lungs protest too much) about my cold /asthma - and one of my coworkers said "but you look really nice today"

I thank Catherine for the gorgeous hunger red blushcreme - it is an awesome product..it can remove all of my pasty illness paired with nice brown shadows-(patina-and urban decay smog with vex) and I wore dipdown fluidline and the magic "O" lipstick - and Covergirl lash exact.

I think I'll go with a pale look tomorrow and see how that goes... as I've been running a fever the last two days and cranky but tried to look healthy. Maybe my students will behave better if teacher looks pasty .
ha, ha ha... if I don't wear blush this is generally the result "Are you sick?" -

Now dont' tell me you Divas don't get this at work - or do you have to actually not "do" your makeup to get people to believe you are sick? If I don't do it I'll get asked all day how I feel - and don't want to deal with that either.

afterglow

When I wear less makeup, I think people generally notice, but don't really say anything about it. I've gotten the sick thing a only few times... it's not a nice question to be asked! I remember a while ago, a girl I knew said that she had to wear eyeliner all the time, otherwise she'd constantly get asked if she was sick/really tired. I guess if you wear something all the time, and if you don't wear it one day, people are gonna notice that's something is different, whether they realize it's simply makeup, or actually being sick.

mspixieears

I had an ear infection for a week and because I was running a fever and cooped up in bed, makeup wearing was a total no-no. I don't know, just don't feel like it when I'm sick (mentally too, not just physically).

Plus, if you're sleeping most of the day, you don't want to smear it on pillows etc.

I get this dreadful pallid yellow complexion thing happening when I get sick. Once, under fluoroscent lighting, a friend asked me if I was sick but it was the light and the lipgloss I wore, made me look quite ghastly in a blood-drained way! Ugh!

moonrevel

I always wear makeup when I go to school (I'm a graduate student, so I do research and teaching assisting, so that's work for me!) just out of habit, and usually it's my usual dark, bright, or bold look, but if I'm feeling meh I'll wear browns and neutrals and a Lipgelee or something, and quite often my friends will ask me if I'm okay. It's actually getting so bad that a few weeks ago I wore a pale orange/yellow look, and my friends asked if I was okay because that was "light" for me. I said, "It's getting pretty bad when you guys think yellow and orange is light makeup!"

Latest posts