How often does MAC bring back discontinued items?

piika

Of course there is Kitschmas, and Goldbit will be back for Belle Azure. How often do they do this? I'm asking because I want to have some faint hope to get on my hands on Parrot, but I know it probably won't happen.
ssad.gif

Jillith

If they are smart they will reincarnate parrot someday. After all, first it was kicky blue, then parrot, so technicially it has been out as a le shade twice now. Plus the demand is outrageous, they'd be crazy not to bring it back eventually. Keep hope alive! lol

Liz

I think we should all email MAC and tell them to bring back parrot!! they would make a KILLING! people would buy like 10 of them!

Krystle

Do you think Parrot would be as popular if it was permanent? I have it, but just dont see the rage for it {{{GASP}}}} I have never done my eyes with it that I liked :???

GoldieLox

Yes i think it would still be just as popular because it is such a wonderful texture and color! kind of like how electric blue remains a favorite even tho its been around for awhile. i totally think they should bring it back and make it permanent. btw kelly if you ever feel like getting rid of your parrot or possibly even trading i would be more than happy to make a deal with you ; )

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystle
I have it, but just dont see the rage for it {{{GASP}}}}

Word, and this is coming from someone who has three parrots. (kicky blue, parrot pan (depotted), and the '04 Jewel holiday palette) (and I only bought the single ES *for* parrot)
oh.gif

ms.marymac

If a product exceeds expectations for sales, a limited edition product can be eventually made into a permanent item, or re-promoted. If I am not mistaken, Fluidliners were actually released as a LE item, but the demand was so huge, they decided to work it in to the permanent collection.

What's strange is I know there is a huge demand for Parrot, but I have only had one girl ask about it at the counter I work at. :?:

piika

Do you think maybe Parrot is only well known to "makeup obsessed" people?
smiles.gif
Perhaps the general public didn't notice it. I passed by the MAC counter very often, and I didn't realize what I missed with Parrot until I discovered MUA and of course this board.

eyeshadowfreak

I think they "reincarnate" old colors all the time. They may not be EXACLY the same every time, but usually very close.

And to be honest, in the year I've had Parrot, I only use it once in a while, and even then it's to line. In the grand scheme of things, it's not THAT wearable. I was more upset about one getting one Goldbit from Tantress last year (lots of pan is visible on this one) so I'm thrilled they're re-releasing it.

Janice

I wore parrot today just because I haven't worn it since a few days after I bought it and I wanted to understand the hype..... it's a pretty color.. I dunno. It's just not for me.
ssad.gif

I like lining with it as eyeshadowfreak mentioned. I remember getting lots of compliments, but that was the only other time I have worn it.

MacLover

I hardly use my Parrot. I think I have used it maybe 2 times since I have bought it.

I do wish they would bring back Blue Pigment.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by piika
Do you think maybe Parrot is only well known to "makeup obsessed" people?
smiles.gif
Perhaps the general public didn't notice it. I passed by the MAC counter very often, and I didn't realize what I missed with Parrot until I discovered MUA and of course this board.

Could be. It does take some balls to wear it-not alot of people in my area wear bold colors. The most daring colors would be one of the green shades, and even that would have to be soft, lol. They probably save it for a night out.

jeannette

These are the only ones I remember- they brought back Kitschmas and Coco Beach (but in an LE pigment charm set).

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
If I am not mistaken, Fluidliners were actually released as a LE item, but the demand was so huge, they decided to work it in to the permanent collection.

Actually, Fluidliners were always going to be permanent. They just didn't expect them to be as popular as they were, so they didn't make enough to keep up with the demand.

So, that's why they are re-releasing them in August.

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by piika
How often do they do this?

Actually, they do it quite a bit. Almost anytime that something sells out in a LE collection, they make it permanent. I have no idea why they didn't make Parrot permanent, though.

High Tea, Guacamole, Deceptive, & Angelcake are a few examples of former LE items that were made permanent.

Cygnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by PnkCosmo
High Tea, Guacamole, Deceptive, & Angelcake are a few examples of former LE items that were made permanent.

Huh? Really? I know High Tea is permanent now, but Deceptive and Angelcake? When did this happen?

I already have them both though, so I guess it doesn't affect me too much. :p

piika

Guacamole is permanent? I'm in Canada and I haven't seen it in stores or on the Canadian web site. Does any one know if it is also permanent in Canada?

askewchick

Last I heard (unless this is breaking news) Guacamole and Angelcake are NOT perm. High Tea is undecided. I've been told it is permenant, but when I e-mailed MAC directly they informed me it is not, so the jury is out on this one.

Items from D'Bohemia that were initially LE, but have become perm are Shade Fluidline, Deckchair Pigment and Coco Pigment. There might be more, but I haven't heard anything else from that collection (hopefully Provence will be as well!).

Cygnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by askewchick
Items from D'Bohemia that were initially LE, but have become perm are Shade Fluidline, Deckchair Pigment and Coco Pigment. There might be more, but I haven't heard anything else from that collection (hopefully Provence will be as well!).

That's surprising. I kind of figured they'd keep the fluidliner around, but the pigments? I thought for sure those were LE. They've still got triangles on them on the website.

High Tea, on the other hand, has no triangle on the MAC website, and I've been seeing it at counters, so I kind of figure that one really is perm.