How often should I use face scrub?

Hello
I just have a question regarding exfoliation using a face scrub. I am confused about how many times should I use face scrub each week. The majority of people will say once or twice a week will be better, but I think that is applicable for brand products only, I do make my Homemade face scrub at home. So how often should I apply it?
Thanks ...

shellygrrl

Staff member
It doesn't matter if you use a store bought physical exfoliant or your homemade one, IMO. You don't want to overexfoliate your skin, which is why it's recommended to do so only once or twice a week.

Face scrubs control the build-up of sebum, a naturally occurring oil on the skin that clogs pores and causes blemishes. We recommend you use a face scrub once or twice a week. If your skin is particularly oily, you may increase it to three times a week. More than that would tend to over-dry your skin.

Sonja1

I used to exfoliate two to three times a week. When I ran out of the product I forgot about it. Didn’t use it for at least 6 months until I realized. Now I use Estée Lauder micro exfoliant mask once a month. My skin seems better for it.

Latest posts