How to achieve this matte yellow look w/o Chrome Yellow e/s

_su

Hi lovelies!!

My friend is going as a bumble bee for Halloween and I want to try and recreate this look on her:

mufe.jpg

(the yellow one on the left, obvs)

It's from the MUFE page on Sephora.com, for their lashes, so I'm hoping all the products used are MUFE. Any other ideas? I love that creamy matte yellow and don't feel as though I can achieve it with Chrome Yellow by MAC.

I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thanks so much
winkiss.gif

Will try to post pics of the results!!

sharkbytes

MUFE does have a matte yellow shadow, I think it's #002 if I'm not mistaken. I have no idea how creamy it would be, you might have to use some sort of cream base with it.

user79

Hm, I def think you can achieve that look using Chrome Yellow. Use a yellow base though underneath, something like a Kryolan or Mehron aqua base, or the NYX jumbo eye pencil in the yellow shade, or any kind of yellow creamy base.

If you check out this video by RenRen, she does a very similar bee tutorial that might help you for the eye:
YouTube - Halloween Makeup: Queen Bee

I think she used a Ben Nye eyeshadow base. You can see her products listed on the side of the video.

bartp

to get the same intensity, I have used MAC chromecake in yellow as a base.
It's water based and then you can put your matte yellow eyeshadow on top. Only then do I get the same result on camera.

Latest posts