How to apply concealer WITHOUT a brush

vintagegold14

hello everyone, i am one of the younger members of specktra.net
smiles.gif

and i am so excited as i just purchased my first ever Mac concealer!! it is the studio finish concealer. the lady at my mac store tested it on me using one of the concealer brushes, i think it was the more expensive one. unfortunately with all the other makeup essentials i really do need (such as a new mascara, a new powder, and some new lip glosses), i cannot afford to buy another brush. and guess what? I don't have a single concealer brush in my entire collection!! until i can find a cheap one or buy the mac one, what can i use to apply my studio finish concealer?? does a q-tip work? please help, thank you so much.

gildedangel

Try using clean fingers! Warm up the concealer a little bit with your finger and blend it out on your face where you need to. Warming up Studio Finish helps it to wear better throughout the day. You can also get some great concealer brushes at the drugstore; I would get one that looks like the 195 because I find that shape works better for concealer. HTH!

nunu

Use your fingers. Dab your finger onto the pot, swirl it round to warm it up and dot it wherever you need coverage and blend.

Hope this helps.

MizzVivaGlam

I use my finger for concealer, I actually like it way more then using a brush. Just smooth a tiny amount on, and then gently pat it into your skin until it has melted right into it.
smiles.gif

vintagegold14

thank you! i wasn't sure if it was totally "unprofessional" to use my fingers but if you say it works well then i will try it! i'm so happy! i thought i would have to wait till i got a good brush which would make me sad cuz i love the concealer. also, thanks for the tip about warming it up!

MUALindsay

Yep, just did this, tonight. Same concealer. When in a hurry, I always just tap my finger (middle or ring) into the pot to pick up a little color and warm it up at the same time, and then tap onto the area (under eyes, sides of nose, blemishes) to warm it up with your skin and lightly smooth out.
thmbup.gif

Lyssah

I have this concealer and have always used my fingers, I just couldn't imagine using a brush!

elektra513

Fingers work better sometimes than the brush. Try either the patting motion, or the pat-roll method. Do it gently either way, so the product warms to the skin. Don't forget to set with powder.

kariii

use your fingers... and also ELF.com might have cheaper good quality brushes than a drug store.. Look into it!

L1LMAMAJ

u could get a cheap one from target or something. u can probably even use a fluffy eyeshadow brush and just blend the concealer in.
smiles.gif
a q-tip could work as well. best of all, you can even use ur fingers in a rolling motion.

Latest posts