• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How To: applying eyeliner

Almost black.

So, this is my 1st tutorial ever here and I hope it will be of some use to you guys.
smiles.gif

Here is a short and simple tutorial on how to apply gel/liquid eyeliner the easiest way.

You'll need:
- pencil eyeliner
- gel/liquid eyeliner
- eyeliner brush if you're using gel eyeliner

I used:
- BeYu purple pencil eyeliner
- ecotools eyeliner brush
- gel liner in Venomous shade

1. this is how your eye should look like while you apply eyeliner; with your finger gently pull the outer side of your eye for easier application

eyeliner01.jpg

2. use your pencil eyeliner to apply a line just like on the photo (it will help you to apply your eyeliner above it)

eyeliner02.jpg

eyeliner03.jpg

above (2) apply an eyeliner line

eyeliner04.jpg

4. in the outer part of your eye, make a small line like on this photo, it’s there to show you where will your peak end

eyeliner05.jpg

eyeliner06.jpg

5. and simply connect those two lines

eyeliner07.jpg

eyeliner08.jpg

6. color the empty area

eyeliner11.jpg

eyeliner09.jpg

7. depending on your preferences, make the line thicker and longer

eyeliner13.jpg

This is how I prefer my line to look like:

eyeliner14.jpg

Hope this was helpful!
smiles.gif

User38

beautiful application! The purple liner is gorgeous ~~ how long does it take you to draw with pencil and then with the gel? I am teaching some young ladies and this is the method I use for them, but they all complained it took too long!

Almost black.

Thank you girls, you're all very welcome! I just hope it was helpful!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
beautiful application! The purple liner is gorgeous ~~ how long does it take you to draw with pencil and then with the gel? I am teaching some young ladies and this is the method I use for them, but they all complained it took too long!

Since I've been using gel liners for a very long time I don't use pencil eyeliner before applying gel liner because I don't need to. But, If I did so, it wouldn't take me long because it just depends on how good you are at applying eyeliner. It's just practice.
smiles.gif

It's probably taking them too long because they still don't have the right moves in their hand, but it comes with time.
smiles.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

Thanks for the tut,makes it seem easier. And now I wanna go out & buy purple liner lol. Do you think you can do one for the bottom(lash/waterline) im just starting with eyeliners. I wear contacts but my eyes are sooo dang sensitive they always water bad when i've ever attempted.