How to best use MACs mineralized eye shadows?

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Hi everyone,
so im getting blue sorcery from the magic mirth and mischief collection. and i already own young punk from the style black collection, how should i use these two shadows? wet/dry? which kind of base? etc.
thankyou in advance and kindest regards Kayleigh x x

obscuria

It really depends on how dramatic you want your eyes to be. Wet will make your eyeshadow more vivid than dry.

I use Young Punk with a black base underneath and wet to make it really stand out.

bellaboomboom

I have Midnight Madness and LOVE IT! I just use a primer and the shadow as is, dry. The shadow is so soft and easy to apply. Plus I love the shimmer. I have not tried it wet - and probably won't since I like the way it looks so much now
mac_atemywallet.gif

MizzTropical

I use them wet to line my eyes and dry for my lid/browbone with NYX's base. Applying them wet makes them pop + shimmer more, thats why their so nice as a liner.
smiles.gif
I use them the same as my regular MAC shadows.

bellaboomboom

Well, I used it this morning. I put the purple on my lower lid then a highlight color on top (I used Shroom eyeshadow). Then I went back and patted the gold shimmer in the crescent on top of my purple - very lightly.

LMD84

if you don't own fix+ then don't worry too much! you can use plain old water! just add a drop to your brush and it works the same way as fix+

i always use water or fix+ to 'foil' mineral shadows on my lid
smiles.gif
makes the colour pop like nothing else!

also for the glitter part of your shadow you could use that along the lash line as like a glitter liner
smiles.gif

I've only got MES from the Style Black collection and I used them over the black greasepaint stick - if you don't have that I'm sure they'd work well over a dark base like Blackground or even Blacktrack fluidline.

As the other girls said, they also work better wet.

x

BeccalovesMAC

girl if you don't use fix plus its a pain in the ass with the fall out. They Mineralized e/s have crazy fall out but are gorgeous.

Kazzii-Loves-MA

Haha hun, i have heard this. so i thought hmm i may aswell give them a try before saying i dont like them. so i think ill have to invest in some fix plus, i do have paint pots and grease paint sticks so that helps ALOT
smiles.gif
. thanks for all your great tips girlies, ill let you know if i survive the mineralized eye shadows hahah.