How to deal with aggressive coworkers!

colorlvr

UGH does anyone have any advice on how to deal with the overly aggressive competition between lines??? I work along with 3 other cosmetic counters, and these women are so AGGRESSIVE and competitive - and there don't seem to be any formal rules of engagement, so unless I jump in and make a fool of myself trying to get the clients to come to me by interrupting something that has already started, then I lose out. Two of the biggest culprits are positioned in the FRONT of the store, and they catch every person that walks through the front door.

Have any of you gals ever been through this?

gildedangel

Umm, wow. They don't do that in my department stores. Personally though, I would HATE being rushed like that at the door, I would probably complain to the counter's manager. I don't even like getting asked to try a perfume while I am passing by (although I am always polite about it!) Try a different sales tactic. You could try getting friends to come in and rave about the products at your counter or something. Don't compete head on with these co-workers, you won't win. You have to be more sneaky about it. You could even talk to your management about setting guidelines on how to approach potential customers since I know that I would give the department store no business if I was getting bombarded at the front door!

colorlvr

Thanks gildedangel - you are right - eventually, customers will learn to give a wide berth to the BA's who are overbearing and aggressive, and hopefully, come my way where I am less annoying.
smiles.gif

Latest posts