How to deal with this gently? (Makeup/brush sanitation)

wordgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
so? my friend's makeup is a mess but i dont give a damn, it's her business and she doesn't care...

To be honest with you, it just breaks my heart to see MAC, Chanel and Shu brushes all messed up like that. She's thrown away brushes that should have lasted her a lifetime - and probably spilled enough pigment to fill a pint glass. She doesn't care, she just buys more ... but it hurts me, it really does LOL!

Of course, the primary thing is getting her to keep her fingers out of MY makeup. But I'm worried about her health as well. I almost lost my vision to a fast-moving infection once, and ever since then I've been hyper-sensitive about makeup cleanliness.

There are plenty of good suggestions here. I'm going to give it a LOT of thought. Thanks everyone!

wordgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
^^ Mac's brush cleanser is only $10.00, and it really is amazing! My brushes have never been cleaner. Get it as her Christmas present/or part of her Christmas present
smiles.gif

I'm glad to hear you suggest this - that's way cheaper than I thought it would be.

(and I guess I have good taste in icons
smiles.gif
I just love looking at this one.)

liv

My sister was kind of like this, her brushes weren't *disgusting*, but she never washed them. I don't think she knew she was supposed to. Plus, her's weren't very high quality (they were decent, but never washing them made the hairs scratchy), and before I got her hooked on MAC, she would have to grind her brush into the powder to get any color, so the brushes were really matted and tangled, if that makes sense. So one day when I was spending the night and had all my stuff, I just washed all of my brushes, and then I washed hers too, and when she got home, I was like "Look how nice and soft they are again!" Granted, this is my sister, so it's not quite the same, but I think as long as she isn't hypersensitive, she wouldn't mind you offering to help clean hers, like CantAffordMAC suggested. Now my sister has some MAC brushes and other nice ones and takes good care of them. =]