How to figure out Allergies?

*Star Violet*

Hi, I just recently found out from my family doctor that I might be allergic to something because I've had a few health/skin problems. I usually have a sore throat, my throat hurts when I swallow, my nose gets stuffy often and lately I have been having really bad eczema aswell. My face is dry, red and peeling and my eyelids are very dry. The skin between my fingers and hands aswell.

I thought it might be milk and the throat thing usually happens when I drink milk or eat yogurt but it still happens when I haven't drank milk at all. I have a cat but I'm not allergic to it because whenever Im near him, I'm fine. I have been taking fertility medication since the past 2-3 years and my skin wet from being oily/combination to very dry lately but I don't think there is a conection.

My main question is...how do I figure out what I'm allergic to?

HeavenLeiBlu

Well the easiest and most accurate way to find out is to go to an Otolaryngologist ( Ear/Nose Throat doc) and have them to test you.

Otherwise, I'd log every single thing I eat for a week or two, and gauge your reactions to it, and restrict eating or being around certain things when you have a flare up until you're able to narrow down what makes you have a reaction.

VeXedPiNk

Have your doctor refer you to an allergist and get tested. It could be something you're eating or it could possibly be a seasonal allergy to something in the air around you. Allergies can come and go, so testing can be very helpful.

HeavenLeiBlu's suggestion of logging everything you eat is also a great idea. Try taking things out of your diet if you notice you've had a reaction and see if it helps.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out
smiles.gif
I'm allergic to pretty much everything under the sun, so I can certainly sympathize.

goink

Lactose Intolerant isn't classified as an allergy. It's simply an indigestion caused by the lack of the enzyme lactase. You'll feel great discomfort within the bowel system. My mother has it, but it never shows up physically (i.e. no spots, redness).

Best option, like the above posters stated, is to have your doctor refer you to an allergist. They will require you to list out everything you have eaten, the medicines (if any) you take, etc.
You can do a process of elimination yourself. Take an item out each day. If you still have a reaction, it's not the thing you eliminated.