how to find accomodation in los angeles?

eulchen

so, i have the go for my internship next year in los angeles from april to september... but now i need a place to stay (not then, now, because for the visa process an adress is needed....
th_rolleye0014.gif
)

so where could i look out for furnished rooms? it doesnt need to be fancy, i dont have much money anyways, but are there any sites, where accomodation is offered? like student who offer flat shares etc...

thanks
winkiss.gif

meiming

the 2 big ones i remember people using were craigslist and westsiderentals.com, but for the westsiderentals you have to pay for a membership to look up apartments. other than that, i used to do it the old fashioned way of driving up and down streets but i don't think that'll help you any. if it makes any difference, i've found nice roommates through both websites.

HTH and good luck on your search!!

meiming

oh yeah, p.s. both have areas for roommate/shares/room for sublet. in terms of address for right now, it might be easier to put down a friend's if you know anyone out here.
Here's the website for it - craigslist: los angeles

meiming

well do you know where your internship is going to be? In Los Angeles, the line between bad and good can be very close but in a place where everything is spread out, shortening your commute is a pretty important thing. if you tell me aprox where i can narrow down some neighborhoods for you
smiles.gif

eulchen

im going to intern in beverly hills, so i included that in my search as well as West LA and West Hollywood. What else would you recommend? Ive heard that LA is a mighty large city, but so far away it seems difficult to actually imagine it.

meiming

Wow I officially suck! I'm sooo sorry eulchen. I dropped the ball on your thread. I thought I had subscribed to it but didn't get the email response and then I forgot
fool.gif

I don't know if you still even need to know but I used to live in Palms which is right below the 10 fwy from Beverly Hills and is a quick commute b/c it's not in the direction people go. Also, there are little pockets of less expensive apartments around cheviot hills and the "jewish ghetto" just east and south of beverly hills, kinda between pico and robertson and south of olympic that you can look around (bev hills adjacent). All these areas are unfortunately neighborhoods that are not really labelled with the zip code so its harder to search. It is all technically LA city. The other bad thing is that everything is more and more expensive each year. So good luck to you and if I can help out more, perhaps PM me so I know you've responded.

Again...VERY VERY SORRY!!!
ssad.gif