How to get a blue-grey tinge to my skin?

KristyVictoria

Help! For halloween I'm going to as a post apocalyptic radiation victim
smiles.gif
I need some makeup recs!

Here's a pic of my costume. What can I do with my makeup to add to the authenticity?
69dc8n.png

LMD84

maybe you could use a mette grey shadow and add it to your face powder or foundation. that would give you the desired effect.

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
maybe you could use a mette grey shadow and add it to your face powder or foundation. that would give you the desired effect.

What's the best way to go about this, like crumbling it up and mixing it into liquid foundation or applying with a brush??

Shadowy Lady

I would def start with a lavender concealer to make the skin much paler. You need the concealer as a good base to make things more authentic. Then go over it with a natural but light powder.

To get the blue/gray tinge you can contour and highlight using blue and gray eyeshadows. Perhaps use a dark gray with no shimmer like Print to contour and various shades of blue to add to countour and highlight your cheeks. You can even hollow out your under eye area using blue and gray

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I would def start with a lavender concealer to make the skin much paler. You need the concealer as a good base to make things more authentic. Then go over it with a natural but light powder.

To get the blue/gray tinge you can contour and highlight using blue and gray eyeshadows. Perhaps use a dark gray with no shimmer like Print to contour and various shades of blue to add to countour and highlight your cheeks. You can even hollow out your under eye area using blue and gray

I don't have a lavender concealer but I do have one of the lavender MAC Pro powders. I hope that isn't too subtle for a noticeable effect.

I am kicking myself for swapping my MAC clear sky blue pigment though! Argh. I have Poison Pen e/s that I will use liberally
smiles.gif
I did pick up the MAC Grey quad just recently.

I gotta figure out a way to line my eyes with a pink-red color as well.

User38

Use some Dark Soul pigment or some Carbon ES finely crushed and add that to your foundation... for added blue or bruises, use some red ES applied wet and some grey like Typographic dusted on the face. You can line your eyes with any Red ES since it is made for the eye area.. just wet the brush.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyVictoria
I gotta figure out a way to line my eyes with a pink-red color as well.

What I usually do for this is use something like Fascinating eye kohl, or some other white liner, and use Passionate e/s to set it...just remember to blend it out a little, and down under your lashes
greengrin.gif