How to get an Interview

MadameXK

I didn't see a thread that matched this, so I thought I'd ask...
I applied for a position at MAC last month, gave them my resume, portfolio, etc. and was wondering if any of you guys knew if there was anything I could do to get that interview / be able to do make up and "sell" to someone? I'm a total noob at this stuff and obviously don't want to rub the manager the wrong way.
Thanks
winks.gif

Stephie Baby

Did the manager say she was going to call to set up an interview? If she said she would contact you, I would call her to find out about it. In some areas, you actually have to interview on the phone with the home office before you do a demo or in person interview.

MadameXK

Yea, they said they would call. As I said, I don't want to be pushy, but should I call the manager and ask about an interview?

Angelcorrine

I don't work for MAC (or the cosmetics industry) but I don't see any problem with following up after turning in a resume. Most companies appreciate an applicant who follows up because it shows they are serious. As long as you are not calling frequently, it shouldn't appear pushy.

If I were you, I'd call and just say that I'd dropped off an application some time ago, and wanted to follow up and see what he/she thought of it. If they say they aren't interested for some reason or another, that's a great opportunity to ask if there is anything they suggest you can do to make yourself more marketable.

Good Luck!

Hennys

I would definitely call and follow up. I would express how important it is to you that you get an interview.

Be persistent, very persistent. It works.

MadameXK

Well I called 4 days ago and the person who answered told me that she would have the manager call me but she never did =/
I'll probably call back Monday.