How to get pigment samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsky83

I did a search for pigment samples but couldn't come up with an answer to my question. How do I go about getting samples of pigments. I'm intersted in getting some but I know I will never use an entire jar of most of them. When making a purchase do I just ask for samples? Are they free like at Sephora or do they charge for them? Also can I get them at a Macy's or Nordstrom counter or only at a freestanding store? Thanks in advance for all your help!
th_confused_new.gif

Sanayhs

You can ask for a sample or two when you're at the MAC counter/store and they should be free. However, some locations have a policy of not giving out pigment or glitter samples. You can also purchase pigment samples from some sellers in the Clearance Bin on this site, and then you can have more choices as it is possible to find samples of past LE or discontinued pigments, too.
smiles.gif

caliluv

where is the clearance bin on this site????

you can try thebodyneeds.com
pureluxcosmetics
tkbtrading
simplynaturals

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliluv
where is the clearance bin on this site????

you can try thebodyneeds.com
pureluxcosmetics
tkbtrading
simplynaturals

You can't view it until you've posted at least 20 times.

joey444

I use thebodyneeds2.com and have never had a problem. She's inexpensive and gives generous samples. Most of my pigment samples, though, I get at my Macy's counter. Whenever I buy something, I ask if I can have a sample of the pigments and have never been told no.

Wicked Lovely

I seen them at makeupgeek aswell but i think 2.50 to 4.00 each plus s&h is too expensive for 1/4 tsp of pigment sample,maybe im wrong but i measured out 1/4 tsp from a pigment i have an theres no way that would go up to the 30 uses she says it would lol.I seen on thebodyneeds2.com on there the samples are same size 1/4 tsp for 1.75 though some are 1/8 tsp for 1.75 aswell. I really want some pigment samples though so ill probably go for makeupgeeks even though there more expensive you can trust her site and thebodyneeds2 ive never heard of really plus makeupgeek is more professional,she has a big website with a forum and a store and she does tutorials so she wouldnt be hard to find or contact if i had issuies or was ripped off,didnt get my product or something like that.I unfortunatly dont have a MAC store near me
thmbdn.gif
.I went into the really really big mall that i live near and they have all the big stores i went to everysingle store in there and asked wheres the mac counter ,there was none.I went up to the last makeup counter in the last store i looked in walked up to the women at the makeup counter and said could you please tell me since you work here is there any Mac counter in here or in our area that you know of? She said mac? you mean makeupforever? I said no mac.She said mac?Whats Mac? lol I said you know Mac the makeup brand? She looked at me all confused and then said no sorry we dont sell that her.Then she laughed and said actually ive never even heard of mac before,is it something new? lmao I just giggled smiled politely said thank you for your help and walked away lol Whats Mac??? I mean you dont even have to be into makeup to know what Mac is but she was working at a MAKEUP counter ,you know what i mean? lol

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lovely
I seen them at makeupgeek aswell but i think 2.50 to 4.00 each plus s&h is too expensive for 1/4 tsp of pigment sample,maybe im wrong but i measured out 1/4 tsp from a pigment i have an theres no way that would go up to the 30 uses she says it would lol.I seen on thebodyneeds2.com on there the samples are same size 1/4 tsp for 1.75 though some are 1/8 tsp for 1.75 aswell. I really want some pigment samples though so ill probably go for makeupgeeks even though there more expensive you can trust her site and thebodyneeds2 ive never heard of really plus makeupgeek is more professional,she has a big website with a forum and a store and she does tutorials so she wouldnt be hard to find or contact if i had issuies or was ripped off,didnt get my product or something like that.I unfortunatly dont have a MAC store near me
thmbdn.gif
.I went into the really really big mall that i live near and they have all the big stores i went to everysingle store in there and asked wheres the mac counter ,there was none.I went up to the last makeup counter in the last store i looked in walked up to the women at the makeup counter and said could you please tell me since you work here is there any Mac counter in here or in our area that you know of? She said mac? you mean makeupforever? I said no mac.She said mac?Whats Mac? lol I said you know Mac the makeup brand? She looked at me all confused and then said no sorry we dont sell that her.Then she laughed and said actually ive never even heard of mac before,is it something new? lmao I just giggled smiled politely said thank you for your help and walked away lol Whats Mac??? I mean you dont even have to be into makeup to know what Mac is but she was working at a MAKEUP counter ,you know what i mean? lol

If you search your zip code here you can find the nearest counter/store near you.

M·A·C Cosmetics | Find Stores

Wicked Lovely

Yeah i know but ive just moved to a new area and was a spur of the moment thing i was just out an thought ill stop by the mac counter.I just thought how strange nobody knows what mac is lol Turns out closest one is 37 miles away
thmbdn.gif
lol

I've bougth from thebodyneeds2.com its very reliable but the shipping is SO expensive, I mean the samples are so cheap but they charge you in the range of money you expend not in the weight of the package and that really sucks, I paid like 80 bucks (samples+shipping) for 24 samples shipped to Mexico, so I tell you they're great but the shipping prices sucks!
th_dunno.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Has anyone tried Starsmakeuphaven.com? I think thats what it is.

Last time I checked there, its been a while though, they were selling samples of pigments.

xKiKix

wow, i'm gonna have to go to these sites and check them out because some certain colors i really dont want to buy a whole jar...

Status
Not open for further replies.