How to get rid of warmth?

SolarWhite

I had dyed my hair red last summer. My hair stylist colored it brown, and so it was a very warm brown (lots of red in it). I have 3 or 4 inches of level 6/7 (dark blonde) roots. I naturally don't have a lot of warmth so it's really clashing.
I don't want to dye my hair but am looking for shampoos or something easy going to apply to my warmer brown. I'd like to 'ash' it out a bit to blend better with my roots.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Jessica0984

To be honest I don't think a shampoo will tone it down enough so that you would be happy. But Sunglitz makes an ash blonde shampoo and that will help tone it. You can also use a shampoo with purple tones if you think the green tones will be too much. You could call your stylists and see if they carry any ashing shampoo or ask if she could glaze over the red brown with an ash brown.

BEA2LS

i use a matrix purple shampoo that is supposed to brighten and take away the warmth. it works a little bit but the best way for me is to just recolor that part in an ashy tone.

SolarWhite

Thanks guys!!
I will try purple shampoo first and then i'll check out that product.
If not I may just leave it alone for awhile. I really don't want to dye my hair. It's been through too much!!

BEA2LS

to be honest it probably looks better than you think it does. i know i am way more harsh on myself than others would be.
the purple shampoo would help to blend it in better, not a miracle but probably enough to make you happy.