How to get shiny hair

xShoegal

Hey ladies... Please help me! When the weather is getting hotter my hair is turning dry more and more...
I alway use deep conditioners, but nothing helps. Do you have some great ideas to share or products?

florabundance

i can only advise old mediterranen wives tales.... eat lots of yoghurt, drink lots of water, eat nuts....works for me.

xsnowwhite

I use a serum by redken called Smooth Down Heat Glide. I apply this to damp hair, mainly focusing on the ends.

Next after my hair is completely dry, before heat styling I apply Matrix Sleek.Look Iron Smoother, again focusing more on the ends.
I flatiron my hair almost daily and this helps alot.

After I am finished heat styling, I use Matrix Color.Smart Reflective Shine Spray allover my hair.
I cannot tell you how many people say "Oh wow your hair is SO shiny!" And it shocks them because I flatiron EVERYday and my hair is super dry and curly.

Those products are sort of pricy, but I only use them the days I wash my hair(following that whole regimen) and they last a REALLY long time.

I hope that helps; sorry it was so long.

Hilly

A good product is by Halo-- it's a rinse you use after you wash and condition. I swear by it!!!!

TDoll

Get a color gloss. You can pick them up at the drugstore now. John Frieda makes a good one and you can use it on natural or color treated hair. The Matrix Color Smart line also has a really nice shine spray that I use daily

KellyBean

Kids detangler (like Johnson and Johnson no more tangles)!

It's basically a leave-in conditioner. Put a little on your hair brush before you brush your hair and it will be really smooth.

Also, ALWAYS use a heat protectant on your hair before you use heat.

clslvr6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Rinse your hair in COLD water!

Exactly....hot/warm water opens up the cuticle in your hair shaft and cold water shuts the cuticle. Thats why there is a cool button on most hair dyers, it's there to shut the cuticle down.

But my 2 favorite products for shine are; Paul Mitchell smoothing super skinny serum & KMS Silksheen gloss spray. I put the Paul Mitchell in my hair after I get out of the shower & I spray the silksheen after I am done styling.
I get asked all the time at my school by clients if the Silksheen is heavy or weighing on the hair and it isn't at ALL & same goes for the Paul Mitchell's serum, I use 3-4 pumps on myself and clients.
I use these products & I get compliments all the time on my hair on how healthy and shiny it looks. I hope this helps!

xtiffineyx

I wash my hair under the faucet under COOOOOLD water. It's probably been 5 years since my hair has even touched warm water. My mom was a hair model and she told me that. I put my hair through a lot and it's still super shiny. Also, use a clarifying shampoo once a week. I use a clarifying shampoo then I rinse that out and use my regular shampoo.

xShoegal

Thanks for all ur tips, this may help to get a lil more better hair in summer !
smiles.gif

macchristyy

eat lots of protein and use a clarifying shampoo every 3 days or so.

theres lots of different clarifying shampoos out there. i know pantine has one and its at a good price and works well.

the clarifying shampoo will help clean build up in your hair which is making it dull.

hope this helps!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
A good product is by Halo-- it's a rinse you use after you wash and condition. I swear by it!!!!

Hilly's got some of the shiniest hair I've ever seen. Listen to her!
smiles.gif

Latest posts