How to get that sullen paled out look?

Rudyru

Okay, I have NC37- skin, however, I want to get that...I've lost pints and pints of blood, and am going to die now look.

Now, I am staying away from lighter foundations, because I'm sure I'm going to end up looking ashy and just disgusting. Any tips?

Also, although I detest the whole idea, but what they did in the film rendition of Twilight seems close enough.

link

It has always been my design philosophy that in the summer you want to look glowy and sun kissed, while in the winter you want to look luminous and moonlit...I can get glowy and sunkissed, but I can't get luminous and moonlit. I end up looking greasy. Am I destined to fail due to my skintone?
th_dunno.gif

seabird

when i wanted to look pale, i used to use a mineral foundation in 'porcelain' from lily lolo, which was practically white. it worked. now i discovered sun though and spend the whole year tanned..

lara

...sullen?

I guess you could write a lot of angsty poetry, give yourself a Flock of Seagulls fringe and complain about your parents a lot.

Rudyru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
...sullen?

I guess you could write a lot of angsty poetry, give yourself a Flock of Seagulls fringe and complain about your parents a lot.

Ohoho, you don't even know. lol

It shows both of our ages when I had to go to Wikipedia to look Flock of Seagulls up.

However, I'll have you know, I was over that phase last week!
th_LMAO.gif

Calhoune

I'm NC30 and noticed that when I wear my foundation all over, instead of just on patches, and then use translucent powder over it I look rrrreally paled compared to my normal tone.
Of course I'm not going to turn white but I think the effect came from me actually using the foundation all over my face, making it appear more like a mask, more flawless.
The powder ontop of it helped, and of course I blended it all the way down on my neck.
I wasn't going for the pale look but wow I've tried to in the past.
On my cheeks I wore dame really really lightly which helped the effect. Oh and I wore panda eyes, the contrast to my skin made it appear even lighter.

So I think you'd have to focus more on making the illusion that your skin is fair then actually trying to lighten it with a really light foundation.

mizuki~

I'm not sure how you went from trying to go for "luminous and moonlit" to "going to die now"...but there's plenty of videos on YouTube that could show you how to do that "Twilight" look. Just search "twilight vampire makeup" or something. You're not that dark..you could just always buff a little white eyeshadow all over your face
wait..are you going for an everyday look or just for fun?

Rudyru

@Mizuki: It's for a shoot, so there's going to be a bit if digital manipulation.

And what I was going with those two phrases were "You're so unbe-fucking-lievably pale that you're beginning to reflect light." And vampires/ghosts have that sort of illumination...so I went overboard with the verbage, but what ever.

And I've already looked on youtube. At most I've gotten faux goth or goth lite looks, and most are all eye/lip based.

The big thing is, I don't want to look ashy. That's just not cute.

jeez, people are friggin catty over here.