How to highlight my fat eyes?

RedRibbon

Hi everyone,

I searched on Specktra and wasn't able to find a thread which answered my question or addressed it.

I would LOVE to add a highlight under my brow when putting eyeshadow on but I can't figure out how, I've got a "fat" eye which looks like this:

fzcht3.jpg

Closed, it looks like this:

9vd06r.jpg

What I can't figure out is how I can blend the highlight under the brow into the colour on my lids, the distance seems too big.

How would I go about having a highlight shade there? Could I just "line" the underside of the brow with my highlight colour and leave it blended but not blended into the eyeshadow shade?

Thanks for any help
smiles.gif

elektra513

I can see them, but I don't really have an answer for you. Sorry.

Hmm, maybe if you created "a larger crease" you could highlight the brow from there??

chocolategoddes

LOL, fat eyes.
Just use a highlighting shadow right under the tail-end of your brows. If you highlight under your whole brow, it'll emphasize the puffiness.

Also, use a matte crease color to bridge the lid color and the brow highlight.

nunu

I can see them now. I think you should take your crease colour up and then between the crease colour and the highlight colour use the "prime" eyeshadow of your choice (this is the same shade as your skin tone but in matte form) to help blend between the two eye shadows. This should help make the area smaller.

Hope this helps.

Edit to add:
A video by Make up square, she used the prime technique and she sort of has the same eyeshape as you do.

YouTube - MAC Hello Kitty Too Dolly Look!!

malaviKat

I think maybe just focusing the highlight colour where you have a natural highlight (see the pics...just under your arch) will work well.

In addition, like you, I have a lot of space from my lash line to brow so I use a transition colour between my lid and my highlight in almost the same shade as my skin to pull the colours together.

...hmm in retrospect, almost exactly what chocolategoddess & nunu said. :p

dietcokeg

hey, i dont htink u have 'fat eyes' but if they really bother you theres a video on youtube, just search for 'selima77' and look through her vids she has which i belive is called 'cut the crease' and shows how to do that and also highlight fir what she calls 'meaty' eyes.

Latest posts