How to make a lipstick it's true shade

Nikki1485

So my lips are naturally a dark pink color. So when I put lipstick or lipgloss on the shade is not the true color. I know that Mac Pro has a lip erase balm, but I want to know what is an ALTERNATIVE to the lip erase balm. I was using concealer, but that changes the color too. HELP!!!!

xxManBeaterxx

I tried mac's lip erase and it makes my lips a matte beige that mixes with the color of any lip products i put on making it look like a completely different shade...

I have very rosy lips so i use some sort of lip moisturizer and then apply mac's eyeshadow in mylar/vanilla/rose blanc/dazzlelight over the moisturizer [as long as its a sheer white color] on my lips then i apply my lip products. That way they are a little more true to color
smiles.gif
without having that beige undertone to my lipsticks

girly girl

Whatever skin color you have that you don't like, try not to copy in your lipstick color or undertone as well. It's like wearing a red dress with sunburn, it just makes the problem appear worse than it is.

Sanayhs

You could try first putting on a neutral nude lipstick, setting it with powder, and then applying your lipstick of choice.

Odette

Try completely lining your entire lips with a lip liner in a similar colour then apply your gloss or lipstick. It should make the colour truer and also provide longevity.

rachybloom

You could try a white eye pencil? Lightly trace your lips with it, then blend it inwards with a q-tip. I think concealer works pretty well though, too.

blazeno.8

I would suggest finding the closest match in lip liner. If you can't then try setting your lips with powder first. The texture of the lipstick might also be an issue. You're more likely to get true to color with Matte or Amplified Cream. What texture are you using?

MissMochaXOXO

A neutral pale foundation applied lightly works for me!(My skin is tan and my lips are a rosey med. pink color.)Just make sure to let it dry b4 u apply ur lipstick.

cetati

There IS such a thing as lip primer that neutralizes your natural lip color.. not a ton in the US but Benefit has one and I love it.

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by cetati
There IS such a thing as lip primer that neutralizes your natural lip color.. not a ton in the US but Benefit has one and I love it.

Benefit is available in the US, what's the product name?

cetati

Ugh, I don't have mine with me but going into a Sephora and asking about a lip primer/concealer should get you it. It's a great product.. sometimes my concealer can get flaky or dry my lips out too much, but the lip primer not only conceals, but also helps smooth out my lips and fill in the lines before lip application of other products.
smiles.gif
Plus it's perfect for toning down my super pigmented lips before doing a nude lip.