How to make a MEMORABLE and ATTRACTIVE resume

trojanpopcorn

Hey all!

Just a question for anyone working at a MAC counter who deals with resumes. I currently work for Lauder but have wanted to work for MAC since before I got this particular job. Anyway, when I was in my MAC store the other day they invited me for an interiew next week, but the manager wants me to bring a resume in.

I overheard her saying to her colleague that she was surprised how many applicants had just dropped a resume in and hadnt bothered presenting it nicely.

What exactly does she mean? In a folder? Coloured paper? Pictures?
I basically want to be remembered by my resume.

Thanks x

I just did my cover letter and resume and I think they're pretty memorable. PM me your email addy and I'll send 'em to ya as an example.

albamayo

Hello,

The MAC manager at this mall I work at always sees me when I walk to the counter to check out the make-up and has asked me to bring me her resume several times because she says she likes the way I do my make-up. The only problem is I am so stuck on what to put on my resume. Can you please email me yours as an example? I would really really appriciate it.

my email is
[email protected]

THANK YOU
mac_addict.gif

II3rinII

i brought in a resume that included not only my work history but also included various photoshoots and commercials i had worked on locally, i added a contact list of photographers and production companies that hired me. i also brought in my portfolio with professional shoots a tear sheet from a cataloug with name credit. i spoke with the manager for a moment and then left. 2 hours later she called me and asked if i minded coming back that afternoon for an interveiw. ive now been with mac for almost 2 years and i went from an artist at a counter to a 3rd key in a store withen 8 months!! so in a nutshell thats my little success story, i wish you the best of luck! my advice, keep it professional. we had a girl turn in a collage of makeup pics that were blurry and out of focus, it looked like a 4th grade art project, it was unfortunate. good luck though.