How to make eye makeup so intense in color

hundove

Hi all!
wavey.gif

I was wondering how you all make your eyeshadows look so great, pigmented and intense.
Is it the primer? the cream base? or the shadestick?
I really dont care if my makeup lasts b/c I usually take it off after a few hours, but I want it to look so intense in color. Thx

amoona

Don't wet your shadows, it ruins them. I usually use a shadestick or CCB. If you use pigments then you can spray some Fix + on it once you pick it up with your brush.

KaylaGrace

Definetly do not wet your shadows. It will ruin them.
I use a paint, usually skin toned, then a shadestick in a coordinating colour and I pack that on then the shadow.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Don't wet your shadows, it ruins them. I usually use a shadestick or CCB. If you use pigments then you can spray some Fix + on it once you pick it up with your brush.

iagree.gif
Fix + works very well with eyeshadows. Just pick up the shadow first and use opposite sides of the brush for two different colors, so that you don't get the wet side in another color.

Beauty Mark

Some shadows can be made wet. Other cannot. Be sure they're the right kind.

Also, the quality of your cosmetics will make a huge difference in intensity. You want something highly pigmented for the most intense payoff.

NikkiHorror

iagree.gif

The quality of your cosmetics definatley matters. IMO, MAC and NARS have the best quality eyeshadows.

I think the best way to get pure color on your eyes is to first apply a neutral colored paint (Bare Canvas) all over your eye to prevent creasing, then use a cream color base on your lid (choose a CCB in a color close to what your shadow colors will be), and then try using pigments instead of eyeshadows.

kimmy

i agree that alot of it is the brand of makeup you're using, some brands have higher quality products which makes for better colour payoff. i personally use MAC shadesticks and shadows and always get amazing colour payoff with that
smiles.gif

saj20052006

Intense Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona

Ditto, do not wet your shadows. Use CCBs, Shadesticks, Fluidliners and paints, preferably in the same color family as the shadow, for instance if I want to use Swish for my lid, I use Artjam or Gracious Me as a base.