• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to Make TLC Pots into Sticks Tutorial

deathcabber

I have to try this too. Not with a TLC cause I aint got none
ssad.gif
But with my other fave lipbalm that only comes in a tub!

AlliSwan

Oh I was getting so sick of putting my fingers in my TLC pots (esp. when at work, ewww) and then trying to sanitize them regularly. I bought 99 cents chapstick tubes at Walgreens and EASILY peeled off the labels, scooped out the chapstick, then did a tube of clear, a tube of Trot On, and a tube of Rosebud salve+Birds of a Feather lipstick for a little more balm strength and color. They're pretty soft to be in tube form, so you gotta be careful not to twist up more than what is needed, and really careful not to smear too much on. I LOVE my clear tube!

This seller sells empty lip balm tubes, sample jars, and tons more awesomeness, I love them!
http://stores.ebay.com/Saving-Grace-...toreviewQQtZkm

kcphoto

I love you for saying tookas!!!

And wow, this is something I never thought to do... thanks! <3

dmenchi

I love your idea- in the summer i usually get the stackable MAC pro-pots and melt three parts spf lipbalm with one part of an intense lipstick, like ruby woo for example and it amkes the best lipstains and ckeek stains ever. I real;ly have to try to put it in this little tubes! I can't wait to get to a store....

cindylicious

wow!!! great tutorial and i'd give it a try today!!! transfer my favourite The Body Shop cranberry shimmer lip balm into an empty lip balm stick, it's so easy to do and no mess, i use a metal spoon instead of the metal piping tip, after the lip balm melt, just pour it into the stick. really love it!!! no more sticking my fingers into the pot!!!
Thanks so much for making such a greet ans useful tutorial!!!

greengoesmoo

i had to improv *almost* this with my Film noir lippie at the weekend, I stood on the case and crunch.
ssad.gif

I always keep my empty lipbalm tubes just in case.

themakeupmommy1

Thank you for this tutorial! I tried doing something like this the other day in the microwave and the results where not nearly as good!

Latest posts