How to make your own fantasy MSF's and mineral eye shadows? Need help!

gitargirl

Ok, not sure if this should be here or on tutorial request thread, but I just found out the MSF's are baked in Italy. I figure, between my BE mineral stuff, my MUFE starpowders and diamondpowders, my MAC pigments and irridescent loose powders....I should be able to make my own? I just need to know what kind of mixing medium to use, how hot it has to be (please god don't tell me a kiln
weeping.gif
) and what would I bake it in...I am thinking something along the lines of a bundt pan (lol, how funny would that be to have a huge ass eyeshadow in the shape of a bundt cake!)

So, if you have ideas, let me know! Especially if you know what MAC uses as the mixing medium, as I'm not fond of how the pressed pigments turn out (they look strange).

Here's what I will make when I figure out how to do it:

MSF with fuscia pigment, with veins of cornflower pig and that bright ass blue irridescent MUFE starpowder, with sprinkling of reflects blue glitter and neon sixties glitter.

MSF with coco beach pigment, with veins of tan and golden lemon pigment with a lot of my LE BE gossamar (pale soft gold) mixed in.

MSF made of the new softsun pigment with veins of golddrift glitter mixed with apricot peach.

Mineralize eye shadow with bright blue MUFE irridescent powder and MAC blue storm e/s.

Mineralize eye shadow with pinked mauve pigment and veins of the bright fuscia MUFE starpowder.

Ideas? Suggestions? Let me know!

Thanks, Nic

SMMY

I would imagine very high temperatures, since basically we talking about inorganic compounds (metals).
ssad.gif

asnbrb

Yeah, I don't think it's just something you can pop in the oven. The physician's formula version is baked on Italian ceramic pieces or something like that.

samila18

Quote:
Originally Posted by asnbrb
Yeah, I don't think it's just something you can pop in the oven. The physician's formula version is baked on Italian ceramic pieces or something like that.

yes they're baked on Italian Terracotta tiles.. as are the MSFs.. something about that makes me feel like they should be edible hahha.. I was going to bring up that the new Physician's Formula baked bronzers are a LOT like the MAC mineralize skinfinishes.. hhhhhm!