How to not loose my curls; short, straight lashes?

juicy415

Hi everyone, I need help from y'all!

I have tried many mascaras like estee lauder lash extending, maybelline intense xxl, bouejois yes to volume, covergirl lash blast, rimmel glam eyes, mac plushlash, mac pro lash, clinique lash buildin primer, etc.... and i don't seem nothing that works for me. I always curl my eyelashes and then apply any kind of mascara and when i applied it my eyelashes lose the curls. is there a way to prevent that? or any suggestion?

MacAtFirstSight

you need to use lash curler and waterproof mascara. I also have lashes that go straight down and i found that waterproof mascara really helps me out. My favorite mascara is Maybelline Lash Discovery. This mascara is especially good for people with short lashes.

Hope this helps

Dreamergirl3

I have very long, thick, stick straight lashes and have found that the ONLY way they will hold a curl is by using waterproof mascara.

Maybelline Full N Soft is great, as well as Max Factor 2000 Calorie, and Volume Couture mascaras. In waterproof, of course
smiles.gif
If you're worried about getting it off, I find using olive oil or jojoba oil to be great for this. You only need a small amount on a cotton pad, or with your fingers, and it does a great job. Be sure to wash your face thoroughly as some oil can get left behind.

kittykit

I've short lower lashes and the curls never stayed until I started using a lower lash curler and Maybelline Define-A-Lash (waterproof).

HTH!

Mizz.Coppertone

Heat up ur lash curler, apply a good primer to help set the curl, then apply a good curling waterproof mascara, Avon actually has a really fab one I like! I was really surprised at how good my lashes looked with it!

A heated up lash curler is ur must though!

IDontKnowMomo

Search the spoon lash curling method, I've heard it works great for people with lashes like yours.
That and waterproof mascara.

Pimpinett

I second WP mascara to hold the curl, and definitely heating your curler. I didn't even get what the whole point in curling your lashes is before I started heating up mine before using it - I have short, straight lashes too and it just didn't make much of a difference before. I hold it under running hot water for a couple of seconds, I know that many others use a blow-dryer to heat it up.

juicy415

i bought the maybelline full n soft waterproof mascara(thanks dreamergirl) the other day and it really hold my curls! the only bad thing is that around 6 hrs i have a little mascara underneath my lower eyelash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizz.Coppertone
Heat up ur lash curler, apply a good primer to help set the curl, then apply a good curling waterproof mascara, Avon actually has a really fab one I like! I was really surprised at how good my lashes looked with it!

A heated up lash curler is ur must though!

I tried clinique building primer on one eye so i first curled my eyelash then clinique primer then maybelline wp mascara and it actually lose a little bit of my curls.
then the other eye= curled my lashes and applied mascara and it did the work.
maybe it depends on the primer i use?