How to use matte e/s?

cindiaz

I'd like to know how can I use matte e/s,I got the Tarte Treasure chest and it has a lot of matte e/s but I don't know how to use them,please I need help.
th_confused_new.gif

nunu

The best thing to do is to load the shadow on your brush and pat it on, don't sweep. Hope this helps.

MzzRach

Also, use a good eyeshadow base - this will help the shadows wear longer and can also help them apply evenly.

crashingg

-using a good base helps the shadow stick a lot better
-pat to pack on the eyeshadow
-use mattes to mix up textures (like matte on lids and a shimmery brow highlight/inner corner highlight, or use mattes to emphasize and contour eyes in the crease/outer corner)
-practice blending. if you're used to using shimmery shades, you may find mattes harder to work with. you just have to learn the technique!

Kragey

Just one more thing: don't apply them wet! Most matte colors will turn chalky or patchy if you try to apply them wet.

chocolategoddes

I find that if you want to blend vibrant matte colors and keep the color payoff as vibrant, do not use a blending brush and instead keep overlapping the colors with a flat brush until there is a blended, gradient effect. When I would blend my mattes with a fluffy brush, the color would fade and lose it's brightness. idk

Laurie

This thread helped me!! I've been trying to make Chrome Yellow work for the longest while!! What base do you all suggest for it??

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie
This thread helped me!! I've been trying to make Chrome Yellow work for the longest while!! What base do you all suggest for it??

I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance as a primer and a NYX jumbo pencil, usually Milk, as my base. Don't use too much jumbo pencil or it'll crease--just sweep it on your lid a few times, then blend it out.
smiles.gif

mahonereh

I'm glad I checked this thread out! I actually tend to stray away from mattes because I can't make them look good. I think I'll try out some of the tips you wonderful people have given.
greengrin.gif