How to use pigments on eyes?

wannabelyn

i'm still fairly new to eye makeup. just discovered the beauty of pigments, fluidlines and eyeliners!

anyway i have some pigments but i don't konw how to use them.
what i mean is, i apply benefit eyecon eyeshadow base. then attempt to apply the pigments as an eyeshadow. it just doesn't work too well. my problem is that they fall on my bottom lashes, basically fall all over my eyes & cheeks when i just want them to stay on my eyelids.

is there some way to use them like eyeshadows so that they'll be easier to apply and STAY put? or are they just meant to be like that? :confused:

what else do u use your pigments for??

BlahWah

Hm...which pigments do you have? I find Golden Lemon does that for me, but most other ones (Melon, Golden Olive) stay put because they're finer whereare GL is chunky (Goldenaire and Lovely Lily sometimes fall to my cheeks too). It may also depend on the brush you use, i.e. if it's a fluffy one like the 217 then there may be some fallout when you brush on the pigment. It stays better when I use the 239 and pat it on. Also, I use UD Potion Primer, I don't know how much of a difference that makes. Lastly, you can try using a mixing medium for them to stay put for sure. It'll intensify the colours as well

HTH!

mandirigma

I've never used the Benefit base before, but you might want to try a base that's creamy and tacky (by which I mean a little stickier), like the Cream Colour Bases over your original base. They hang onto the pigments a little better.

tiff

If you put some loose powder under your eyes, apply the e/s and then sweep away the loose powder that does the trick for me.

user79

Get the MAC mixing medium (water soluble for eyes), it turns the pigments into a paste and it adheres really well with no fall-out. Also, do your eyes before you do the rest of the face so you can clean up easier.

amandamakeup

I use my finger. Dip it in, blow off the excess and pat on your eyelid. I think with pigments your always gonna have some fall on you, You just need to clean it up with a clean brush, or qtips.

wannabelyn

with the mixing medium, what sort of consistency does it dry down to?
meaning if i tried rubbing it with my bare fingers after applying for sometime, will is still be gooey?

aziajs

The pigments will dry down to a powder finish. I just asked a MA about using pigments wet. I just bought Lilly White and thought it would be better wet. So, she said to use Fix+. Spray some in a small container, maybe like the sample jars or you could do it on a saucer or something. Anayway, add the pigment and blend then apply it to the eyes.

AriannaErin

I use Fix+ with pigments as well. Pick up some with my brush, spray the Fix, then sort of mix it in the lid, then apply, works well and makes the pigments more vibrant - IMO

Latest posts