how to wash off revlon colorstay foundation

baton

anyone who has tried revlon colorstay foundation can know what a pain in the a$$ it can be to try to get rid of that stuff off your face without using harsh cleansers.

i have found that i use a foundation brush with any liquid facial cleanser (equate walmart brand) nothing fancy and i wet my face and put some cleanser on a clean foundation brush, and use it to lather up and it really does work to get rid of colorstay. i use to have to use a toner to get rid of the traces of colorstay but since i have used this technique, it works everytime and no more breakouts with leftover colorstay residue.

BabyGirlB

Thanks for the tip! that stuff is so hard to get off so I don't bother using the bottle I bought. maybe now I'll give it another try
smiles.gif

baton

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirlB
Thanks for the tip! that stuff is so hard to get off so I don't bother using the bottle I bought. maybe now I'll give it another try
smiles.gif

what i love about washing my face with a foundation brush is that it really get into the corners of my nose and it's really gentle too. i just use the $3 cheap brush from walmart as well called "sparesource" and it's really gentle....so you don't have to use an expensive MAC foundation brush or anything. i am surprised how the walmart brands (facial cleanser and brushes) work really well to get rid of colorstay. i use to think nothing could get rid of colorstay except for oil...but my face is extremely oily so i can't add more oil to it. i use to have to wash my face 2 times before using a brush. good luck trying this technique!! i hoep that it works for you too.

Meisje

I actually use waterproof eye makeup remover on my face to get it off --- after I'm done taking off my eye makeup, I use the other side (that's damp with the remover) and swipe it over my face. Then I wet my face, wash it very, very thoroughly with Neutrogena cream cleanser, keeping it on my face at least a minute, making circles, and making sure to rinse really well, then tone and moisturize.

ruthless

The oil cleansing method is awesome for removing all make up types-I use Shu Umera cleansing oil I love it!

baton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
I second shu uemura cleansing oil!

i wish that i could use cleansing oil on my face as i have heard awesome reviews but unfortunately my face is extremely greasy that any amount of oil based products cause my face to break out even more
ssad.gif

rosegasm

i like clarins gentle foaming cleanser. i use the normal/combo skin version.

also shiseidos pureness cleanser is the one thing that removes EVERYTHING on my face. but is a tad drying, so not so recommended if you have dry skin. =\

go to sephora and get sample happy. :p

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthless
The oil cleansing method is awesome for removing all make up types-I use Shu Umera cleansing oil I love it!

I adore oil cleansers! No more irritations on my face after I started to wash my face and to remove my makeup with it. I use L'Occitane Almond Apple Oil and love it!
love.gif

Dreamingeagle24

I use DHC deep cleansing oil, rinse, then follow with DHC Pure soap and i never have a problem with traces of makeup left on my face.

Lebellabeauty

I used this foundation but I actually don't have a problem getting it off my face. I just use kirkland facial wipes and they take the foundation wipe off. I love those wipes, probably the best I have used.

DarkGlamourXO

I use a benzoyl peroxide wash with a skin brush or a wash cloth. It get's every trace of it off for me. With colorstay I think it's best to always use something to scrub it off besides just ur hands because it truely does stay on ur skin all day.

Kragey

Have you tried olive oil? I personally have yet to use CS on myself, but I'd be surprised if EVOO couldn't get it off!

reesesilverstar

I do. I use olive oil and it does an extremely good job removing all my makeup including pesky waterproof mascaras. Colorstay is defenseless against it!

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
I do. I use olive oil and it does an extremely good job removing all my makeup including pesky waterproof mascaras. Colorstay is defenseless against it!

EVOO is insane; it even gets Mehron aquacolor stains off of my skin. Go EVOO!

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar

I second the Olive Oil method. IT gets EVERYTHING off: Pro longwear, cakey foundations, aqua colors... gosh you name it.

It's cheaper than most cleansers and when I buy a bottle I buy a plastic empty one to portion out some so I'm not using out of the same bottle I cook with.
heart.gif

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
I second the Olive Oil method. IT gets EVERYTHING off: Pro longwear, cakey foundations, aqua colors... gosh you name it.

It's cheaper than most cleansers and when I buy a bottle I buy a plastic empty one to portion out some so I'm not using out of the same bottle I cook with.
heart.gif

Not to mention it's also great for your hair, or mixed with sugar as an exfoliant.
greengrin.gif

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
Not to mention it's also great for your hair, or mixed with sugar as an exfoliant.
greengrin.gif

... I can't believe I haven't tried that before. Thanks for the tip!!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
I've used Honey and sugar as a lip exfoliator, but I never thought to use OO..

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
... I can't believe I haven't tried that before. Thanks for the tip!!!
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
I've used Honey and sugar as a lip exfoliator, but I never thought to use OO..

It is the boooomb! I only use it in winter because it's too moisturizing otherwise, but about once a month, I mix sugar, EVOO, and vanilla extract, rub it all over my body in the shower, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash off with slightly-soapy water so I'm not crazy-greasy. No need for lotion afterwards.
smiles.gif

Latest posts