How to wear Paperself false lashes?

thezander

Hey, can anyone help me? I'm trying to decide on a an eye look to go with these "small" Paperself lashes.

I'm going to a fun event on Saturday for a friend's birthday. We're going to get drinks and then go see a special screening/interview/drag performance and showing of Rocky Horror at my favorite movie theatre, The Castro. So I don't need to look too natural or conservative! I've also never seen this movie in a theatre before so I'm excited. I want to bust these out for the occasion, as I just received them today!

Here are what the lashes look like (not true to size):

For eyeshadow, I'm thinking either:

-Some sort of sparkly nude or pale pink allover wash with thick black liner

-or-

-a dark matte base, on the crease and lower lid only, with colored sparkle (dark blue, most likely) on top of that, for a monochromatic look.

Any recommendations, either for styles or products? What about lips? I'm going to be wearing a shortish, tightish, bright blue dress, black tights and black ankle boots. And a black plastic seahorse pendant. Probably hair up, but not 100% decided.

Oh, and here's sort of what I look like. I'll probably wear contacts for the evening though.

coffee1

I would definitely wear contacts so you can see the lashes better, and I would definitely use a light color on your lid - you want a lot of contrast between your eyelid and the lashes. So, don't use a dark lid color.

Bright red lips, black eyeliner, and paperself lashes, would be fun!

thezander

Yay! Thanks for responding. I did end up wearing light, matte eyeshadow and contacts to show them off. I will have to try adding red lipstick next time! =)