How to wear these 2 lipsticks....

purplerinne

I got 2 lipsticks that I saw on my friends and it's not working for me. I am NC40 and the 2 colors are Pervette and High Top (fafi). Can you recommend some combos for these 2 before I chuck em out the window?

TIA

ForgetRegret

Well what are the problems you're having with them? Do you find them too light, shimmery, don't like the undertones...?

gitts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I got 2 lipsticks that I saw on my friends and it's not working for me. I am NC40 and the 2 colors are Pervette and High Top (fafi). Can you recommend some combos for these 2 before I chuck em out the window?

TIA

Even if you cannot get hem to work, hold on to them and add to other empty containers and bac 2 mac them for a colour that does.

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Well what are the problems you're having with them? Do you find them too light, shimmery, don't like the undertones...?

The undertones really show. Like with Pervette, the blue/purple pearl overpower the pink and makes me look like I was frozen. Not a look i'm going for lol

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitts
Even if you cannot get hem to work, hold on to them and add to other empty containers and bac 2 mac them for a colour that does.

oh i will...i'm just hoping i can wear em bc I hate b2m'ing things that aren't empty...it's a waste of product

lovelydisarray

Maybe try layering them with a lipgloss that has more undertones you find flattering on yourself? I'm sure someone (hopefully!) will have some suggestions on some glosses that look great with those two l/s! Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, good luck with making these work! : )

gildedangel

You could try to layer them with lipliners, other lipsticks and lipglosses to help them look less "dead" on you.

nunu

I'm nc43 and i had to give my high top away. It didn't work on me. The blue/purple glitter was too much for my lips.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
Try using them with a base, maybe some concealer or lip erase & top with lipgloss. HTH

I second this...it may be your lip pigmentation altering the colors a bit. Also, using a pinker liner or gloss may help make them more wearable too. If all else fails, try layering them over other lipsticks...also...I used to use pervertte as a highlight in a time crunch...though not sure it'd help you since you're darker than I am. GL!

Ursula

Don't forget that you can sell them in the 'for sale' area if they aren't working for you. It may be just what someone is looking for. Do a search under the 'wish list' section and see if anyone is shopping for those items.

Sometimes just a light wash of a color you don't like looks better than the full on effect. Try using a lip brush and lightly apply this color just to the center of the lips to bring a fuller look over a color you like on yourself with similar color that is toned down a bit.

Penn

My cousin wears pervette all the time and it looks amazing on her, she always wears it with a dramatic smokey eye