How to with Bangs

Tessigrl

Ok, I have bangs, but they are kind of off to the side and I have a cowlick in the middle, which most of the time is tamed. But I really want my bangs to lie flat down like I've seen on a lot of girls lately and I am just not sure how to get them that way, how short I should cut them, what kind of brush to use, any help would really be great.
Thanks

Here is a pic of how I want them...

hair.jpg

ruby_soho

I would take a few pictures like that to a salon and get your bangs cut, instead of doing it yourself. They look relatively thick, which would also make them less likely to part. You'd probably need to add more hair to your bangs, as in they'd start father back on your head. They're also curled. If you want to do it yourself I would start cutting them to the eyebrow, style them with a small barrel round brush, and play with them. Keep styling and cutting until you get a good length, but don't cut too much at once.

ms.marymac

When you go to the salon, ask the stylist if she is familiar with Bettie bangs. I have had some baaaaaad experiences with stylists that were not familiar with them.

I used to use a medium size brush and pull them straight out (to smooth them), then direct the air straight down. There are different techniques needed for different hair textures.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
When you go to the salon, ask the stylist if she is familiar with Bettie bangs. I have had some baaaaaad experiences with stylists that were not familiar with them.

I used to use a medium size brush and pull them straight out (to smooth them), then direct the air straight down. There are different techniques needed for different hair textures.

I agree. I'd ask around first. Sometimes bringing in a pic is helpful but that does mean they can do the cut.

On a side note I really wish I could pull off bangs like that!

Jaim

Oh man, I hope you get what you want.
smiles.gif
I have a cowlick that makes my bangs suck.
ssad.gif

Latest posts